How Entrepreneur Barbie Hopes to Inspire Girls with Her New LinkedIn Page
July 7, 2014 4:00 PM EST
LinkedIn recently acquired a world-famous member - Entrepreneur Barbie.
After coming up with thousands of models in the past five decades, Barbie introduced Entrepreneur Barbie. The company decided that it would be an interesting marketing move to let the new character join the social media site to match the theme accordingly. Fans of the toy should be excited to read her posts on LinkedIn every now and then. So far, the account has garnered over 2,500 followers.
The logo for LinkedIn Corporation, a social networking networking website for people in professional occupations, is shown in Mountain View, California
The new Entrepreneur Barbie features the popular character with business accessories such as a smartphone, a tablet, a brief case and of course, her signature pink dress. Her LinkedIn account recently posted, "My new business is 'Dream Incubator' where I act as a consultant, helping girls around the world play out their imagination, try on different careers, and explore the world around them. Our company tagline is 'If you can dream it, you can be it!"
According to Ad Week, the new model was released in light of the company's new slogan, "If you can dream it, you can be it!" Social media users also commended Barbie for joining the social network, saying that it is one of the best ways to get closer to their target market. Having a positive role model is important for young women especially those who plan to succeed in their careers. The Entrepreneur Barbie project particularly caters towards female entrepreneurs to get involved in inspiring young women to start their own business and excel in their chosen fields of profession. The account is expected to share business tips and strategies in the next few months.
Toys have been heavily involved in inspiring young women in the past year. Social media also has a huge role in making sure that the target audience gets the message and will be able to interact and respond. Young women need all the help available in starting their professional lives and looking up to their favourite toy through social media is a simple yet powerful way to get results. Barbie's LinkedIn account is getting a lot of positive feedback and the followers are growing every day.
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'