How Entrepreneur Barbie Hopes to Inspire Girls with Her New LinkedIn Page
July 7, 2014 4:00 PM EST
LinkedIn recently acquired a world-famous member - Entrepreneur Barbie.
After coming up with thousands of models in the past five decades, Barbie introduced Entrepreneur Barbie. The company decided that it would be an interesting marketing move to let the new character join the social media site to match the theme accordingly. Fans of the toy should be excited to read her posts on LinkedIn every now and then. So far, the account has garnered over 2,500 followers.
The logo for LinkedIn Corporation, a social networking networking website for people in professional occupations, is shown in Mountain View, California
The new Entrepreneur Barbie features the popular character with business accessories such as a smartphone, a tablet, a brief case and of course, her signature pink dress. Her LinkedIn account recently posted, "My new business is 'Dream Incubator' where I act as a consultant, helping girls around the world play out their imagination, try on different careers, and explore the world around them. Our company tagline is 'If you can dream it, you can be it!"
According to Ad Week, the new model was released in light of the company's new slogan, "If you can dream it, you can be it!" Social media users also commended Barbie for joining the social network, saying that it is one of the best ways to get closer to their target market. Having a positive role model is important for young women especially those who plan to succeed in their careers. The Entrepreneur Barbie project particularly caters towards female entrepreneurs to get involved in inspiring young women to start their own business and excel in their chosen fields of profession. The account is expected to share business tips and strategies in the next few months.
Toys have been heavily involved in inspiring young women in the past year. Social media also has a huge role in making sure that the target audience gets the message and will be able to interact and respond. Young women need all the help available in starting their professional lives and looking up to their favourite toy through social media is a simple yet powerful way to get results. Barbie's LinkedIn account is getting a lot of positive feedback and the followers are growing every day.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal