How Entrepreneur Barbie Hopes to Inspire Girls with Her New LinkedIn Page
July 7, 2014 4:00 PM EST
LinkedIn recently acquired a world-famous member - Entrepreneur Barbie.
After coming up with thousands of models in the past five decades, Barbie introduced Entrepreneur Barbie. The company decided that it would be an interesting marketing move to let the new character join the social media site to match the theme accordingly. Fans of the toy should be excited to read her posts on LinkedIn every now and then. So far, the account has garnered over 2,500 followers.
The logo for LinkedIn Corporation, a social networking networking website for people in professional occupations, is shown in Mountain View, California
The new Entrepreneur Barbie features the popular character with business accessories such as a smartphone, a tablet, a brief case and of course, her signature pink dress. Her LinkedIn account recently posted, "My new business is 'Dream Incubator' where I act as a consultant, helping girls around the world play out their imagination, try on different careers, and explore the world around them. Our company tagline is 'If you can dream it, you can be it!"
According to Ad Week, the new model was released in light of the company's new slogan, "If you can dream it, you can be it!" Social media users also commended Barbie for joining the social network, saying that it is one of the best ways to get closer to their target market. Having a positive role model is important for young women especially those who plan to succeed in their careers. The Entrepreneur Barbie project particularly caters towards female entrepreneurs to get involved in inspiring young women to start their own business and excel in their chosen fields of profession. The account is expected to share business tips and strategies in the next few months.
Toys have been heavily involved in inspiring young women in the past year. Social media also has a huge role in making sure that the target audience gets the message and will be able to interact and respond. Young women need all the help available in starting their professional lives and looking up to their favourite toy through social media is a simple yet powerful way to get results. Barbie's LinkedIn account is getting a lot of positive feedback and the followers are growing every day.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]