How Entrepreneur Barbie Hopes to Inspire Girls with Her New LinkedIn Page
July 7, 2014 4:00 PM EST
LinkedIn recently acquired a world-famous member - Entrepreneur Barbie.
After coming up with thousands of models in the past five decades, Barbie introduced Entrepreneur Barbie. The company decided that it would be an interesting marketing move to let the new character join the social media site to match the theme accordingly. Fans of the toy should be excited to read her posts on LinkedIn every now and then. So far, the account has garnered over 2,500 followers.
The logo for LinkedIn Corporation, a social networking networking website for people in professional occupations, is shown in Mountain View, California
The new Entrepreneur Barbie features the popular character with business accessories such as a smartphone, a tablet, a brief case and of course, her signature pink dress. Her LinkedIn account recently posted, "My new business is 'Dream Incubator' where I act as a consultant, helping girls around the world play out their imagination, try on different careers, and explore the world around them. Our company tagline is 'If you can dream it, you can be it!"
According to Ad Week, the new model was released in light of the company's new slogan, "If you can dream it, you can be it!" Social media users also commended Barbie for joining the social network, saying that it is one of the best ways to get closer to their target market. Having a positive role model is important for young women especially those who plan to succeed in their careers. The Entrepreneur Barbie project particularly caters towards female entrepreneurs to get involved in inspiring young women to start their own business and excel in their chosen fields of profession. The account is expected to share business tips and strategies in the next few months.
Toys have been heavily involved in inspiring young women in the past year. Social media also has a huge role in making sure that the target audience gets the message and will be able to interact and respond. Young women need all the help available in starting their professional lives and looking up to their favourite toy through social media is a simple yet powerful way to get results. Barbie's LinkedIn account is getting a lot of positive feedback and the followers are growing every day.
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]