How Entrepreneur Barbie Hopes to Inspire Girls with Her New LinkedIn Page
July 7, 2014 4:00 PM EST
LinkedIn recently acquired a world-famous member - Entrepreneur Barbie.
After coming up with thousands of models in the past five decades, Barbie introduced Entrepreneur Barbie. The company decided that it would be an interesting marketing move to let the new character join the social media site to match the theme accordingly. Fans of the toy should be excited to read her posts on LinkedIn every now and then. So far, the account has garnered over 2,500 followers.
The logo for LinkedIn Corporation, a social networking networking website for people in professional occupations, is shown in Mountain View, California
The new Entrepreneur Barbie features the popular character with business accessories such as a smartphone, a tablet, a brief case and of course, her signature pink dress. Her LinkedIn account recently posted, "My new business is 'Dream Incubator' where I act as a consultant, helping girls around the world play out their imagination, try on different careers, and explore the world around them. Our company tagline is 'If you can dream it, you can be it!"
According to Ad Week, the new model was released in light of the company's new slogan, "If you can dream it, you can be it!" Social media users also commended Barbie for joining the social network, saying that it is one of the best ways to get closer to their target market. Having a positive role model is important for young women especially those who plan to succeed in their careers. The Entrepreneur Barbie project particularly caters towards female entrepreneurs to get involved in inspiring young women to start their own business and excel in their chosen fields of profession. The account is expected to share business tips and strategies in the next few months.
Toys have been heavily involved in inspiring young women in the past year. Social media also has a huge role in making sure that the target audience gets the message and will be able to interact and respond. Young women need all the help available in starting their professional lives and looking up to their favourite toy through social media is a simple yet powerful way to get results. Barbie's LinkedIn account is getting a lot of positive feedback and the followers are growing every day.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports