Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice: 4 Villans, 3 Superheroes, Other Spoilers and Details Leaked Fake, Script Fake From Kevin Smith
By Tanya Diente | July 7, 2014 3:50 PM EST
A new report suggested Kevin Smith may have intentionally written a fake script of "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." This script has been leaked on multiple sites with foilers (fake spoilers) to dissuade fans from figuring out the actual events in the movie. So forget the recent reveal of the four villains and the three less-known superheroes who are said to appear in the movie. These details and other spoilers are reportedly fake.
An anti-government demonstrator dressed as Batman yells slogans accompanied by passengers on a bus, during a protest against the 2014 World Cup in Rio de Janeiro June 12, 2014. Placard reads "We want to be the champions in healthcare, education and not just in football."
A source from the production of "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice" sent a letter to Movieweb claiming, that Kevin Smith had intentionally written a fake script in conjunction with Warner Bros. The studio reportedly intentionally leaked the script to various movie bloggers and sites, so fans won't know the real details behind the movie.
"This script was distributed by myself and others to gossip sites and movie sites like aintitcool, latino review, movie pilot, etc. etc. My job was to pose as a worker at Warner Bros who was leaking the screenplay," the source said.
The said fake script was a scanned PDF of the entire screenplay of "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." It has been the source of almost every leaked detail about the movie for the last six months. It has been posted on several sites however was quickly removed.
"It has been posted on sites then quickly removed due to cease and desist letters from Warner Bros," the source said.
Although the screenplay is legit; baring the official Warner Bros. watermark and commissioned by Charles Roven, it was not written by neither David S. Goyer nor Chris Terrio. It was written by Kevin Smith.
"Late last year both Charles Roven and Zack Snyder approached Kevin Smith with an early treatment for the film and It was Kevin Smith who came up with the idea to write an entire screenplay based on it but with several huge red herrings and changes which do not appear in the final film. These include plot points and characters etc etc. and 'leak' it online," the source revealed.
The source claimed there were others involved in leaking the information. Some posed as recently fired production members, interns and as special effects artists. They all worked together in misleading fans around the web.
"None of this was done maliciously and was a strategy to misdirect much of sites that intended to spoil the film," the source said.
According to Devin Faraci of badassdigest, he knew the script was fake the moment he read it. Although it's 152 pages long, he said the dialogues on the script were sluggish.
So how many fake spoilers were actually leaked?
These foilers include Movieweb's recent reveal of three new, lesser-known superheroes in "Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice." Latino-Review also claimed that four new villains will appear alongside Lex Luthor in the movie.
Warner Bros. is yet to release an official statement regarding the alleged fake script and to verify the source's claims.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff