How to Install Android L Stock Firmware to ASUS Nexus 7 2012
By Ryan Inoyori | July 7, 2014 3:46 PM EST
Android L image file is portable to the ASUS Nexus 7 2012 tablet using a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod and TWRP according to a source. Here are the guidelines including some precautions on how to do it on the tablet.
Android L for Nexus 7 2012
According to Android Headlines, Nexus 7 2012 can run the stock ROM of Android L by using a custom recovery such as ClockworkMod or TWRP. Users are also required to unlock the boot loader in order to install the image file and root access to install a custom recovery.
However, some users have disputes regarding the proper installation and comments revealing issues with ClockworkMod and TWRP custom recoveries. Here are the guidelines based on the source and users who have installed the firmware.
1. ASUS Nexus 7 2012 that has an unlocked boot loader and running a custom recovery.
2. Create a manual backup of all data files and personal settings stored on the tablet.
3. Battery level should be at least 50 per cent.
4. Enabled USB debugging mode found in the Settings menu.
5. Download and install the necessary USB drivers for the Nexus 7 2012 on the computer.
Warning: We are not responsible for errors which may occur on the ASUS Nexus 7 2012. Do some research regarding the basics of custom ROM installation and never forget to back up everything. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect the Nexus 7 2012 tablet on the computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy and paste the Android L stock ROM and the Google Apps package to the internal storage of the tablet.
3. Disconnect the tablet from the computer and download the MultiROM Manager from the Google Play Store.
4. Reboot into Recovery Mode using the ROM Manager or manually: Turn off the tablet > Press and hold the power and volume down keys till the START screen > Press volume down twice > Select using the power key.
5. Inside the Recovery mode, create a nAndroid backup of the current ROM as a safeguard. Select "backup and restore > backup" to create a copy of the ROM. Restore it anytime desired.
6. Perform a full wipe on the tablet. Select "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition" then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the Android L firmware by selecting "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > find the ROM zip file > confirm installation." Apply the same for the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu then select "reboot system now." It may take up to five minutes before the tablet reaches the home screen.
There are issues reported that TWRP 184.108.40.206 and ClockworkMod 220.127.116.11 do not succeed on installing the firmware. Other users were able to install it successfully using MultiROM Manager and partitioning. Do not forget to create an Android backup of the ROM for restoration purposes in case an error occurs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu