No Monsters in Pirates of the Caribbean 5- Producer Jerry Bruckheimer Confirms in an Interview
By Sachin Trivedi | July 7, 2014 3:27 PM EST
The popular upcoming movie "Pirates of the Caribbean" 5 may not feature any monsters that fans are used to seeing in the previous movies. In a recent interview producer Jerry Bruckheimer confirmed that the upcoming movie will be more of a regular pirate movie.
There will not be any creature like the Kraken in the "Pirates of the Carribean." Producer Jerry Bruckheimer said in a recent interview to Collider. He also said that the movie will be a "straight pirates movie."
The Kraken is a mythical creature seen in the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest." The movie was reportedly the highest grossing film from the franchise, grossing over $423 million in the U.S alone.
Subsequent movies from the franchise saw the revenues decline steadily. The most recent "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tide" released in 2011 was reportedly able to gross only $241 million in the U.S
All the movies have some form of supernatural element in them. The first movie was about the curse of Aztec gold and how some pirates became the undead. The scenes of the pirates turning into skeletons under the moon light got the fans excited about the franchise.
Perhaps the movie with the least amount of supernatural elements in the plot was "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End." Released in 2007 the movie focused on the final battle between the pirate alliance and the British forces led by Cutler Beckett. The movie reportedly grossed just over $309 million in the U.S.
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Strangers Tide" brought back some elements of super natural. The plot of the movie involved searching for the fountain of youth. The movie featured mermaids and the zombies of the dreaded pirate Black Beard.
The main focus on all the movies from the franchise has been Captain Jack Sparrow. The infamous and funny pirate has strange ways of getting things done. The character is played by Johnny Depp and is very popular among fans.
The plot of the upcoming movie "Pirates of the Caribbean"5 has still not been shared by the producers. The movie is slated to be released in 2016. Will the lack of monsters like the Kraken impact the success of the movie? Or will Jack Sparrow carry the movie to another grand success? Please leave your comments below.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen and Her Dragons [Read]
Star Wars 7: More Hints Point to Boba Fett and Mandalorians in the Movie [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report