Acer Might Be Working on an Even Cheaper Version of Aspire Switch 10 Hybrid Tablet
By Sovan Mandal | July 7, 2014 3:02 PM EST
Rumor has it that Acer is readying a new hybrid tablet device that will be slotted a notch below its Acer Aspire Switch 10 device, reports liliputing. The Acer Aspire Switch 10 is a device that comes with a removable display unit which on its own can function as a tablet. When attached to the keypad unit, the device resembles as a mini notebook. Aspire Switch 10 can be considered to be in league of the Transformer series of devices from domestic competitor Asus and a direct competitor to the Asus Transformer Book T100.
However, at $379, the Aspire Switch 10 is not likely to be the cheapest in the line-up. For that much of money, what buyers get is a device with a quad core Intel Atom Z3745 Bay Trail chip, 2 GB of RAM and 32/64 GB of storage. A 10.1 inch display lit up by 1366 x 768 pixels makes for a quite decent viewing pleasure, if not the best. The tablet unit gets attached to the keypad by way of magnetic action and is strong enough to support the weight of the entire unit even when its held up by the tablet. Another cool aspect of the device is that the display can be fitted in the conventional manner that is facing the user or the other way round (think Lenovo Yoga).
However, as Mobile Geeks have mentioned, there is another version of the Aspire Switch 10 in the wild, one that is even cheaper. Of course there are compromises that have to be made to arrive at the lower price point. This has been arrived at by packing in a slightly less capable processor, a lower reolution display and a slightly smaller battery. However, given that the Aspire Switch 10 manages to offer just decent performance, it remains to be seen if its less costly sibling will be worth enough. This particularly applies to the battery since the Swtich 10 already has a not so stellar battery life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More