iPhone 6 Release Date on Sept 19 Confirmed with Possible OIS Cam Similar to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Reports
By Karla Danica Figuerres | July 7, 2014 2:17 PM EST
The iPhone 6 release date is set on Sept. 19, according to reports from Asia, which coincides with earlier reports from Germany Deutsch Telekom. Also, it has been reported that the iPhone 6 might sport an OIS camera similar to the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store in Tokyo
According to a report that cites Ming Chi Kuo of KGI Securities as a source, the optical image stabilisation will be exclusive to the bigger version of the iPhone 6 and its smaller sibling will instead feature an advanced lens module.
"The 5.5-inch iPhone 6 is more likely to be equipped with OIS VCM due to lower estimated shipments and the need for more product features to differentiate itself from the 4.7-inch iPhone 6," Kuo said via MacRumors.
On the other hand, the iPhone 6 release date could bring glowing logo and a curved glass display according to a report from a Japanese Web site Nikkei. Nikkei claims that the Cupertino tech giant will incorporate a curved glass display to the iPhone 6, similar to the LG Flex. In theory, curved glass displays bring better image quality than flat displays.
Meanwhile, Samsung is also rumoured to produce an OIS-enabled and 12 MP sensor camera phablet. The Galaxy Note 3 is initially designed to have an OIS shooter but the Korean tech giant discarded this plan because of production and supply concerns. Positively, even though Samsung did not continue to add the OIS technology to its smartphones, it was still able to produce a new type of camera with the Galaxy S5, dubbed ISOCELL.
According to the latest Samsung Galaxy Note 4 rumours, the Korean tech giant's move to incorporate OIS technology to its next-generation phablet is being considered due to the difficulties to bring OIS to its 16 MP sensor camera.
However, given the less than official nature of the aforementioned reports and Samsung's desire to feed the insatiable specs race in the cutthroat smartphone market, it must be noted that the reports should be taken with a pinch of salt.
Both the iPhone 6 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release dates are expected to be during this year's Fall. The iPhone 6 on Sept 16 while the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is widely expected to be the highlight of the Korean manufacturer's IFA 2014 showings this September.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family