Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: Aiming at PS4, Xbox One Parity with a Whole New Tech Coming
By Gel Galang | July 7, 2014 2:02 PM EST
One of the biggest blows that are usually inflicted on Microsoft's Xbox One is the resolution gate--wherein the same game has differing specs with the PS4 usually being higher and better than the Xbox One--but this may not be the case with the upcoming next-gen first "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare."
Gamers line up under a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game display during the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F Spotted Live, Samsung Z Experience Revealed and Galaxy S5 Update Detailed
Sledgehammer Games' project has been in development for some years now, has become a sensation for tearing away from the usual COD franchise formula to make its name in realistic warfare.
For the meantime, the most that is known about "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is that it's running on 1080p on the PS4, though the Xbox One version has yet to be confirmed. While its predecessor has been content with putting the Xbox One version at 720p, it seems that Sledgehammer Games is still hard at work for improving the game.
New Technology Aimed for PS4, Xbox and PC
"You know we always strive for complete parity across all our platforms and you know this year will be no different," said Bret Robbins, creative director for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" to GamingBolt.
"There are all sorts of new technology from rendering to the way we do our characters. We have blend-shape technology that we use in the face... just across the board the audio engine is a lot more powerful. We've just made tons and tons of updates to the tech."
This does not guarantee a 1080p run for the Xbox One version of the game, but it's good that parity across consoles is aimed for by the developers even up till this point in development.
In any case, what has been so far with the "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" footage since its announcement is actually taken from the Xbox One, which shows how far the technology has come.
We're not a studio that's just going to go out and show off some flash in the pan, high-end PC demo that we're never going to be able to put on a console," said Sledgehammer's Michael Condrey in an interview quoted by Attack of the Fanboy.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘World Of Warcraft’ Extends The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff Until The ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Pre-Patch 6.0.2 Release After Updating The 6.0.2 Public Test Realm Patch Notes [WATCH VIDEO]
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone