Destiny Gets More Updates Before Beta Including New Locations, PvP Modes and More
By Gel Galang | July 7, 2014 1:44 PM EST
Developer Bungie brings in more news a few days before beta kicks off, starting with a string of new locations in-game.
The official Bungie Web site has the images. Some of the destinations that can be explored once "Destiny" is released include the following:
Gamers play a game by Bungie Inc. at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 10, 2014.
- The Tower, overlooking the last safe city on Earth
- The Cosmodrome, made strange by the passage of time
- The Hellmouth Citadel, many chambers below the surface of the Moon
- The Shattered Coast of Venus, claimed by nature (and Vex)
- Beyond the Buried City, across the crimson dunes of Mars.
More than this, Bungie has also revealed a few more details coming out for the game. GamesCom 2014 will be something to look forward to for "Destiny" fans as the developer promised being present for the event, though it did not reveal what's in store for fans.
For players who are hungry for some details concerning characters and gameplay in "Destiny," the developers have also been equally generous about providing more for this part of the "Destiny" update.
First is trading and selling is basically not allowed in the game—this means players have to earn weapons and gear for themselves, unless they vault them to other Guardians that they control.
"The rewards in Destiny are tied to specific beats of action. We want you to have a personal war story that you can trace back to every single piece of gear in your inventory. The weapons in Destiny are like trophies," said the developer.
Naming characters is also a process in "Destiny" and more than just an easy click of a button. Since players themselves are their character in "Destiny," they can change it to a more personal name by changing their identity at the source.
All that players need to do—at least according to the developer—is to ensure the identity is a meaningful one and friends can easily track them from the "Destiny" forum.
Anyone who will be participating in the "Destiny" beta is allowed by Bungie to share as many times as possible, and in any manner as well. At the same time, should players find any bugs in the beta, Bungie will provide a dedicated forum, which is in the link above as well.
PvP Modes Sighted for 'Destiny'
As the beta for "Destiny" comes nearer, new pieces of information have been rounded up, this time focusing on the modes that will be made available.
PlayStation Lifestyle reports a Reddit user has managed to grab an image of a "Destiny" video which shows off a number of player vs. player modes.
The modes that have been listed include Skirmish, Control, Lockdown, Team and Rumble. "Destiny" developer Bungie has not yet revealed the modes available to players of either the PS4/PS3 or Xbox One/Xbox 360, so there is still a chance that one of the mentioned modes will be played for the beta.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports