Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: The Coin with Arya Stark
By Sachin Trivedi | July 7, 2014 1:42 PM EST
Arya Stark is quickly becoming one of the favourite characters for many of the fans. Here is a look at the adventures the character will have in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. She was last seen on a ship, heading towards the free city of Braavos. Spoilers ahead.
According to the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin, Braavos is one of the most powerful free cities in the fantasy universe. Readers who have been following the series will remember that the dreaded Iron Bank, which lends to the kingdoms in Westeros, is based in Braavos. The entrance to the city has a giant statue called Titan of Braavos, which will remind viewers of Colossus of Rhodes.
A Braavosi coin given to Arya Stark by Jaqen H'ghar allowed her to travel on the ship to Braavos. Readers who have seen "Game of Thrones" Season 4 finale will remember the significance of the coin. The change in the attitude of the ship captain after seeing the iron coin was evident.
Killing was a sacred duty for Jaqen H'ghar in service of the Red God. Readers can expect more killings in service of the Red God in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. Braavos is home to the guild of the Faceless Men who train people to kill.
Viewers of the show who have seen Arya Stark's character turn darker with every passing episode will find that her transformation will be complete in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. She has slowly learnt to kill without flinching and now will get formal training in the deadly arts.
Arya Stark will be initiated into the guild of the Faceless Men. The guild will require her to discard her old identity and kill only in the service of the Red God. Readers will remember that Arya has gone through so much at such a young age that it may be impossible to forget the pain and suffering of her family by the Lannisters.
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 is expected to be released in April 2015. The TV show is one of the most watched series. The upcoming season is reportedly heading to Spain to film some scenes portraying Dorne. The Alcázar of Seville is reported to be showcased as the Water Gardens, the seat of the House Martell.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen and Her Dragons [Read]
Star Wars 7: More Hints Point to Boba Fett and Mandalorians in the Movie [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet