Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: The Coin with Arya Stark
By Sachin Trivedi | July 7, 2014 1:42 PM EST
Arya Stark is quickly becoming one of the favourite characters for many of the fans. Here is a look at the adventures the character will have in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. She was last seen on a ship, heading towards the free city of Braavos. Spoilers ahead.
According to the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin, Braavos is one of the most powerful free cities in the fantasy universe. Readers who have been following the series will remember that the dreaded Iron Bank, which lends to the kingdoms in Westeros, is based in Braavos. The entrance to the city has a giant statue called Titan of Braavos, which will remind viewers of Colossus of Rhodes.
A Braavosi coin given to Arya Stark by Jaqen H'ghar allowed her to travel on the ship to Braavos. Readers who have seen "Game of Thrones" Season 4 finale will remember the significance of the coin. The change in the attitude of the ship captain after seeing the iron coin was evident.
Killing was a sacred duty for Jaqen H'ghar in service of the Red God. Readers can expect more killings in service of the Red God in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. Braavos is home to the guild of the Faceless Men who train people to kill.
Viewers of the show who have seen Arya Stark's character turn darker with every passing episode will find that her transformation will be complete in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. She has slowly learnt to kill without flinching and now will get formal training in the deadly arts.
Arya Stark will be initiated into the guild of the Faceless Men. The guild will require her to discard her old identity and kill only in the service of the Red God. Readers will remember that Arya has gone through so much at such a young age that it may be impossible to forget the pain and suffering of her family by the Lannisters.
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 is expected to be released in April 2015. The TV show is one of the most watched series. The upcoming season is reportedly heading to Spain to film some scenes portraying Dorne. The Alcázar of Seville is reported to be showcased as the Water Gardens, the seat of the House Martell.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen and Her Dragons [Read]
Star Wars 7: More Hints Point to Boba Fett and Mandalorians in the Movie [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal