Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: The Coin with Arya Stark
By Sachin Trivedi | July 7, 2014 1:42 PM EST
Arya Stark is quickly becoming one of the favourite characters for many of the fans. Here is a look at the adventures the character will have in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. She was last seen on a ship, heading towards the free city of Braavos. Spoilers ahead.
According to the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin, Braavos is one of the most powerful free cities in the fantasy universe. Readers who have been following the series will remember that the dreaded Iron Bank, which lends to the kingdoms in Westeros, is based in Braavos. The entrance to the city has a giant statue called Titan of Braavos, which will remind viewers of Colossus of Rhodes.
A Braavosi coin given to Arya Stark by Jaqen H'ghar allowed her to travel on the ship to Braavos. Readers who have seen "Game of Thrones" Season 4 finale will remember the significance of the coin. The change in the attitude of the ship captain after seeing the iron coin was evident.
Killing was a sacred duty for Jaqen H'ghar in service of the Red God. Readers can expect more killings in service of the Red God in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. Braavos is home to the guild of the Faceless Men who train people to kill.
Viewers of the show who have seen Arya Stark's character turn darker with every passing episode will find that her transformation will be complete in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. She has slowly learnt to kill without flinching and now will get formal training in the deadly arts.
Arya Stark will be initiated into the guild of the Faceless Men. The guild will require her to discard her old identity and kill only in the service of the Red God. Readers will remember that Arya has gone through so much at such a young age that it may be impossible to forget the pain and suffering of her family by the Lannisters.
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 is expected to be released in April 2015. The TV show is one of the most watched series. The upcoming season is reportedly heading to Spain to film some scenes portraying Dorne. The Alcázar of Seville is reported to be showcased as the Water Gardens, the seat of the House Martell.
Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen and Her Dragons [Read]
Star Wars 7: More Hints Point to Boba Fett and Mandalorians in the Movie [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage