Apple iPad Mini 3, iPad Air 2 Release Date, Features, Price Roundup
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 7, 2014 1:32 PM EST
Apple is slated to release a bunch of devices this fall before the holiday season begins. This includes the iPad Mini 3 and the iPad Air 2, along with the heavily-rumoured iPhone 6. According to Ming-Chi Kuo, trusted analyst from KGI Securities stated earlier that Apple iPad Mini 3 and iPad Air 2 release dates are set for September.
A customer looks over a slew of tablet computers during a media tour in Bentonville, Arkansas June 5, 2014.
Fresh iPhone 6 Video Shows One-Handed Operation and Camera Changes; Production Delay of 5.5-Inches Variant Tipped
The iPad Mini 3 will feature a 7.9-inches display bundled with a stunning screen resolution of 2,048 x 1,536 pixels. In addition, the iPad Mini 3 will be powered by Apple's new A8 processor and will run on the latest iOS 8. Other salient features include an 8 MP camera unit, and a brilliant TouchID fingerprint scanner. If rumours are true, Apple could also feature waterproof exterior and split-screen (multi window) functionality on the iPad Mini 3.
Upcoming iPad Air 2, on the other hand, has reportedly gone through a full-fledged performance boost. The stand out upgrade includes the brand new Apple's A8 processor. Other than the under the hood upgrade and the relatively thinner exterior, there will be no change in the design of the iPad Air 2. Meanwhile, the upcoming iPhone 6 has undergone a major design change, including the whopping 4.7-inches and 5.5-inches screen size.
In addition, the iPad Air 2 features the same 9.7 inches display with 2,048 x 1,536 pixels screen resolution. The tablet will house an 8 megapixel (iSight) rear-facing camera unit, whereas the original iPad Air features only a 5 megapixel camera unit. Also, the significant addition to the iPad Air 2 is the TouchID fingerprint scanner seen in iPhone 5S.
According to Ecumenical News, Apple iPad Mini 3 will be priced at $400 (roughly translates to AU$427), while the iPad Air 2 will cost around $500 (roughly translates to AU$534).
Interested readers can check out the recently leaked mock-up of iPad Air 2 in comparison with the original iPad Air from Japanese Web portal ASCII Plus (via BGR).
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys