Jessica Simpson Exchange "I Dos" with Eric Johnson, Check Wedding Details
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 7, 2014 1:13 PM EST
American actress Jessica Simpson officially exchanged "I Dos" with former NFL player Eric Johnson in a traditional ceremony setting at San Ysidro Ranch, Montecito, Santa Barbara County, California on Saturday, July 5.
People Magazine reported that the 33-year old bride walked down the aisle in a custom champagne and gold Carolina Herrera gown embroidered in gold to exchange wedding vows with the 34-year old groom. The couple's two year old daughter Maxwell served as the flower girl while their one-year old son Ace served as the ring bearer.
The couple later told the magazine that they were overwhelmed with complete happiness and love after they made their eternal commitment.
"To say 'I do' in front of family, friends and, most importantly, our children has been the happiest moment of our lives," the couple stated.
Various sources mentioned that the lavish wedding ceremony was attended by more than 250 guests which include the singer's parents Joe and Tina Simpson, the bride's sister Ashlee Simpson and her fiancé Evan Ross, actress Jessica Alba and beau Cash Warre, "That '70s Show" alum Topher Grace and his girlfriend, CaCee Cobb and husband Donald Falson,Tim Rattay and Johnson's old football buddies from Yale and the NFL. Female guests donned brightly-colored gowns in pink, turquoise, gold, and pink colors while the male guests sported black tuxedos and suits with matching bow ties or black ties.
E! News mentioned that cheers and applause was heard all throughout the venue as the couple appeared. The 1966 ballad "God Only Knows" was heard as the romantic ceremony took place under the shade of chevron seating in the spacious lawn with lavish rose gardens in the backdrop.
An instrumental of Chris Isaak's "Wicked Game" was played during the ceremony. And as the wedding ceremony ended, the wedding guests cheered, applauded, and screamed once again. Live music reverberated once again throughout the luxurious venue.
Prior to the couple's big day, US Magazine stated that Simpson and Johnson hosted a private rehearsal dinner with their family and friends on Thursday night. Then they throw a relaxing Fourth of July pre-wedding barbeque complete with dancing, singing, and outdoor activities such as corn hole, horseshoes and croquet.
Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson had been introduced by mutual friends in 2010. They started dating since then and the former NFL player proposed to the singer in November 2010 after nine months of dating. But their wedding plans had been hold twice with the arrival of their two children.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase