Andy Murray's Wimbledon Loss Reportedly Caused by Argument with Girlfriend Kim Sears
By Tanya Diente | July 7, 2014 1:11 PM EST
Following the recent loss of Andy Murray in the Wimbledon, reports have surfaced claiming his premature exit was due to an alleged argument he had with his girlfriend, Kim Sears.
Andy Murray of Britain reacts during his men's singles quarter-final tennis match against Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, in London July 2, 2014.
Andy Murray was heard saying a few curses while on the Centre Court during the Wimbledon match.
During the second set of the Andy Murray v Grigor Dimitrov match, around 2:13 pm, photographers on Centre Court told TheGuardian they heard Andy Murray scream "shut the f*** up" in the direction of his box. This was followed by another curse. Later, when he was 4-2 down in the third set, he was again heard saying "five minutes before the f***ing match." These expletives left people to wonder if something happened during his pre-match preparations.
His curses were particularly aimed at the player's box where his coach Amélie Mauresmo, his girlfriend Kim Sears and his mother Judy Murray were sitting. It's not clear whether his outburst was in reference to an argument he had with his new coach, his girlfriend or his team.
However, after his post-match interview, Andy Murray was seen leaving SW19 immediately. He didn't even bother to change out of his tennis outfit. According to Telegraph, his girlfriend, Kim Sears, was also spotted looking visibly upset as she made a hasty exit from the player's box. She was also seen leaving Wimbledon alone, contrary to Murray's 2012 loss to Roger Federer, where the couple was seen leaving together after the game.
Murray's opponent, Grigor Dimitrov, said he noticed that Murray was not on his best mood before the game. In his post-match press, Dimitrov said something was not right with Murray immediately as they began their warm-up.
"As soon as we started to warm up, I sensed that his game was not at the highest level," he said.
He also "had a feeling" something was not right with how Andy Murray played.
"I have practiced quite a few times with [Murray] and I know how he is striking the ball when he is at his best, I know how he is playing when he is not at his best. I think it's just a feeling that I had," he said.
However, Murray dismissed the allegations, saying he just had a "bad day at the office." His spokesman, Matt Gentry, also said that his player would often swear on court and added that "he was off his game." However, he didn't give any indication of the source of Murray's frustration.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’