Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Specifications Leaked With 4.5-Inches Display, 20.7MP Camera, 801 Processor, and 2GB RAM
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 7, 2014 1:09 PM EST
Earlier this week, we reported that freshly leaked images from Xperia Blog showcased the upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact handsets. Nevertheless, the leaked images did not give out much information on the software or hardware specifications. But now, the new leaks pertaining to Sony Xperia Z3 Compact have revealed several specifications from sources named D580x and DooMLoRD.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil.
Interestingly, information pertaining to Sony Xperia Z2 Compact has not come out thus far. But we already have information on the next-generation Xperia Z3 Compact smartphone. Also, it is worth noting that, the new entrant Sony Xperia Z2a looks similar to how Xperia Z2 compact should be. However, this smartphone is exclusive to Taiwan. And Sony has not confirmed if this handset will be launched elsewhere in future, according to Slash Gear.
With Xperia Z3 already making waves, there is a good possibility that Sony might not launch the Xperia Z2 Compact version at all. Instead, the company might release the Xperia Z3 Compact in several months.
According to the source D580x (picked up by Slash Gear), Sony Xperia Z3 Compact features 720p display. And the handset will be powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor.
In addition to the above source, DooMLoRD, a famous XDA developer and a Xperia community regular, who is considered as one of the credible tipsters in the tech world says the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact will house some of the high-end features from the flagship counterpart Xperia Z3.
Going by DooMLoRD's specs, the Xperia Z3 Compact will be powered by a quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) processor clocked at 2.5 GHz, along with Adreno 330 GPU. In addition, the Xperia Z3 Compact will house a solid 2 GB of RAM, similar to Xperia Z2 Compact.
The same source also suggested that the screen size of the upcoming Compact device from Sony will feature a good 4.5 inches display. The detail pertaining to screen resolution stands at 720p, which is in-line with the other source's (D580x) specification.
The other salient features of Xperia Z3 Compact include a whopping 20.7 megapixel rear-facing camera and a 2.1 megapixel front-facing camera unit. Surprisingly, the 2014 flagship Xperia Z2 sports the same camera specification. Hence Sony is going to maintain the phenomenal camera unit intact for the upcoming Compact device as well. Furthermore, the Xperia Z3 Compact model number is claimed to be Sony D580X and it will run on Android v4.4.2.
Although there is no confirmation on the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact release date, IFA scheduled in Berlin between Sept 5 and Sept 10 could be the time frame of the announcement.
What do you think of the Xperia Z3 Compact? Feel free to leave a comment.
Fresh iPhone 6 Video Shows One-Handed Operation and Camera Changes; Production Delay of 5.5-Inches Variant Tipped
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight