iPad Air 2 Release Date Brings Killer Specs and Console-Level Graphics
By Karla Danica Figuerres | July 7, 2014 12:08 PM EST
The iPad Air 2 release date is expected to bring killer specs along with features that support 4K ultra HD and console-level graphics, according to reports.
The Apple logo is pictured at a retail store in the Marina neighborhood in San Francisco, California April 23, 2014.
Earlier this year, tech industry analysts predicted that the upcoming iPad Air release date will bring a "game changer," with a number of killer specs and features. Now, latest reports claim that the next-generation iPad Air will pack fast processor that will support the 4K ultra HD TV and it will have the Metal API technology that will bring console-level graphics to the tablet.
"This new tablet could actually be one that could pull gamers aware from the usual video game formats. If Apple could also put out a controller that works perfectly with tablets like the iPad Air it could pull even more gamers away from the competitors," claimed Inquisitr.
The iPad Air 2 release date is expected to happen soon as the tablet has already entered the manufacturing stage this month. According to ETNews via 9to5Mac, the production of the iPad Air 2 started this month. Display components' mass production will begin early this month, while the camera sensors and processor will commence next month.
Meanwhile, according to the iPad Air 2 leaked photos from Phone Arena, the iPad Air 2 will have the same dimensions, pixel resolution of 2048 x 1536, design, ports, camera, and button placements, same as the old versions of it, aside from some minor tweaks and adjustments. These include a microphone opening next to the camera unit on the rear as well as the Touch ID home button. Moreover, the iPad Air 2 will sport a more advanced A8 processor, which is expected to improve the battery and the overall performance of the tablet. Not to mention the enhancements to both rear and front cameras.
Thus far, the release date of iPad 6 has yet to be declared, but in traditional Apple fashion, the company will possibly debut the next-gen tablets around October of this year. Also, according to the famous analyst, Ming Chi Kuo, the iPad Air 2 will launch with the iPad Mini 3 in a singular grand event, likely between September and October.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report