Guardians of the Galaxy: Sakaraan Soldiers, Planet Hulk In One Marvel Cinematic Universe
By Tanya Diente | July 7, 2014 11:33 AM EST
The recent picture released by James Gunn of the set of his movie "Guardians of the Galaxy," had fans speculating that "Planet Hulk" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" will be in one marvel cinematic universe due to the presence of the Sakaraan soldiers.
Actress Zoe Saldana poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the opening ceremony and the screening of the film "Grace of Monaco" (Grace de Monaco) out of competition during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 14, 2014. The festival will run from May 14 to 25.
Movie director James Gunn has released a new photo from the set of the upcoming Marvel film "Guardians of the Galaxy." On the photo are a couple of Sakaaran soldiers and their Necrocraft (see photo from geektyrant).
The photo was captioned "#gotgpicoftheday Onboard half a Necrocraft (organic flight machinery at its finest) with a couple of Sakaaran soldiers in tow. #guardiansofthegalaxy#"
According to geektyrant, the Sakaaran soldiers were originally introduced within the Planet Hulk storyline. Now they have somehow entered into one Marvel cinematic universe by appearing on the set of "Guardians of the Galaxy." Their appearance led some fans to believe that somehow there could be truth to the rumours about where the Marvel cinematic universe will take hulk.
In a recent interview Mark Rufallo did, the actor dismissed "Planet Hulk" as being a potential storyline for a solo Hulk film. However, Hitfix's Drew McWeeny speculated on the details Rufallo provided and the photo Gunn showed, and came up with some interesting details that will either make Marvel Comics fans happy or angry.
According to McWeeny, Bruce Banner aka The Hulk plays an important role in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." This role could come during the final war between Ultron on the battlefield and out of the virtual realm. Unfortunately, the fight would end with Hulk aboard the Avenger's ship, the Quinjet. He would be on his way off from Earth not knowing how to maneuver the ship, since it's pre-programmed and he can't stop it.
The Quinjet would probably take Hulk to wherever the "Guardians of the Galaxy" team is located. And this is where elements of the Planet Hulk's storyline come into place, with Hulk appearing in the "Guardians of the Galaxy 2."
There could be some sequences in the sequel that would seem like they're part of the Planet Hulk story. But the larger story would be about the guardians finding ways to bring Banner back to Earth, only to end up going with him.
If this is the case, then this would likely lead Thanos to Earth and take fans right into "The Avengers 3." This would also allow Marvel to develop Hulk's story without giving him a solo film yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015