Guardians of the Galaxy: Sakaraan Soldiers, Planet Hulk In One Marvel Cinematic Universe
By Tanya Diente | July 7, 2014 11:33 AM EST
The recent picture released by James Gunn of the set of his movie "Guardians of the Galaxy," had fans speculating that "Planet Hulk" and "Guardians of the Galaxy" will be in one marvel cinematic universe due to the presence of the Sakaraan soldiers.
Actress Zoe Saldana poses on the red carpet as she arrives for the opening ceremony and the screening of the film "Grace of Monaco" (Grace de Monaco) out of competition during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 14, 2014. The festival will run from May 14 to 25.
Movie director James Gunn has released a new photo from the set of the upcoming Marvel film "Guardians of the Galaxy." On the photo are a couple of Sakaaran soldiers and their Necrocraft (see photo from geektyrant).
The photo was captioned "#gotgpicoftheday Onboard half a Necrocraft (organic flight machinery at its finest) with a couple of Sakaaran soldiers in tow. #guardiansofthegalaxy#"
According to geektyrant, the Sakaaran soldiers were originally introduced within the Planet Hulk storyline. Now they have somehow entered into one Marvel cinematic universe by appearing on the set of "Guardians of the Galaxy." Their appearance led some fans to believe that somehow there could be truth to the rumours about where the Marvel cinematic universe will take hulk.
In a recent interview Mark Rufallo did, the actor dismissed "Planet Hulk" as being a potential storyline for a solo Hulk film. However, Hitfix's Drew McWeeny speculated on the details Rufallo provided and the photo Gunn showed, and came up with some interesting details that will either make Marvel Comics fans happy or angry.
According to McWeeny, Bruce Banner aka The Hulk plays an important role in "Avengers: Age of Ultron." This role could come during the final war between Ultron on the battlefield and out of the virtual realm. Unfortunately, the fight would end with Hulk aboard the Avenger's ship, the Quinjet. He would be on his way off from Earth not knowing how to maneuver the ship, since it's pre-programmed and he can't stop it.
The Quinjet would probably take Hulk to wherever the "Guardians of the Galaxy" team is located. And this is where elements of the Planet Hulk's storyline come into place, with Hulk appearing in the "Guardians of the Galaxy 2."
There could be some sequences in the sequel that would seem like they're part of the Planet Hulk story. But the larger story would be about the guardians finding ways to bring Banner back to Earth, only to end up going with him.
If this is the case, then this would likely lead Thanos to Earth and take fans right into "The Avengers 3." This would also allow Marvel to develop Hulk's story without giving him a solo film yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles