Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F Spotted Live, Samsung Z Experience Revealed and Galaxy S5 Update Detailed
By Gel Galang | July 7, 2014 11:26 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F seems to be steadily coming to light. Following two previous render leaks, which showcased the Samsung handset in silver and gold back covers, a new photo, this time as a close-up on the handset has been leaked.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won
Spotted by GSM Arena, the alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F was pictured showing off mostly the top front part and part of the left side. As seen in the image at the link and as stated by the anonymous tipster, it seems that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F is looking not at a metal back but rather a removable plastic back. The aluminum part, however, lies in the frame, which seems to hail back to the more recent iPhone model designs.
Judging by the seen bezels in the live photo, this version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F does have the very slim bezels when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5. This also perfectly matches what has been seen in the renders and heard from the rumours so far.
Still, this does not mean that this really is the actual Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F. As far as renders and rumours are concerned, it's best to take this with a grain of salt until Samsung finally announced the device.
Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Wi-Fi Update
Owners of the Samsung Galaxy S5 who are also subscribed to Sprint may be happy to know that a new update is ready to roll out. While this is a pretty minor update that is concentrated on just one feature, the additional feature is a pretty nifty one.
The Wi-Fi update for Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S5 will now allow users to call using Wi-fi. According to Android Central, the update G900PVPU1ANE5 will roll out slowly in batches so even if a few Samsung Galaxy S5 users already have it and you don't, this only means that your batch is yet to be rolled out.
Remote Lab Gives Access to Samsung Z
The Tizen-powered Samsung device can now be accessed by developers via the Remote Test Lab. This means that those who want to test their applications on the Samsung Z can do so via the virtual device on the site.
According to SamMobile, this is one of Samsung's ways by which they can invite more developers to test out the Tizen OS and see what different services and apps can be made for the device.
For now, Samsung is not yet announcing any plans for the Samsung Z's release on the market, probably because it still needs developers to ensure that the Tizen phone will have more offerings once it hits the market. This is especially since it will be coming against the Android and iOS, which not only have a large fan base, but also a thriving community of apps and developers that churn out more content for the devices.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements