Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F Spotted Live, Samsung Z Experience Revealed and Galaxy S5 Update Detailed
By Gel Galang | July 7, 2014 11:26 AM EST
The Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F seems to be steadily coming to light. Following two previous render leaks, which showcased the Samsung handset in silver and gold back covers, a new photo, this time as a close-up on the handset has been leaked.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won
Spotted by GSM Arena, the alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F was pictured showing off mostly the top front part and part of the left side. As seen in the image at the link and as stated by the anonymous tipster, it seems that the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F is looking not at a metal back but rather a removable plastic back. The aluminum part, however, lies in the frame, which seems to hail back to the more recent iPhone model designs.
Judging by the seen bezels in the live photo, this version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F does have the very slim bezels when compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5. This also perfectly matches what has been seen in the renders and heard from the rumours so far.
Still, this does not mean that this really is the actual Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime/Galaxy F. As far as renders and rumours are concerned, it's best to take this with a grain of salt until Samsung finally announced the device.
Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S5 and the Wi-Fi Update
Owners of the Samsung Galaxy S5 who are also subscribed to Sprint may be happy to know that a new update is ready to roll out. While this is a pretty minor update that is concentrated on just one feature, the additional feature is a pretty nifty one.
The Wi-Fi update for Sprint's Samsung Galaxy S5 will now allow users to call using Wi-fi. According to Android Central, the update G900PVPU1ANE5 will roll out slowly in batches so even if a few Samsung Galaxy S5 users already have it and you don't, this only means that your batch is yet to be rolled out.
Remote Lab Gives Access to Samsung Z
The Tizen-powered Samsung device can now be accessed by developers via the Remote Test Lab. This means that those who want to test their applications on the Samsung Z can do so via the virtual device on the site.
According to SamMobile, this is one of Samsung's ways by which they can invite more developers to test out the Tizen OS and see what different services and apps can be made for the device.
For now, Samsung is not yet announcing any plans for the Samsung Z's release on the market, probably because it still needs developers to ensure that the Tizen phone will have more offerings once it hits the market. This is especially since it will be coming against the Android and iOS, which not only have a large fan base, but also a thriving community of apps and developers that churn out more content for the devices.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes Release Date, Features Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy Play Set
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6