‘House Rules’ Announces Lisa and Adam as Winners
By Anne Lu | July 7, 2014 9:40 AM EST
“House Rules” has named Lisa Lamond and Adam Dovile as the series two winners. The Victorian couple’s $546,000 mortgage has been paid off as their prize for winning the Channel Seven reality show.
The engaged couple started out as underdogs in the series, with their renovation designs constantly being panned for their apparent bad interior styles.
However, the duo eventually found themselves able to take on the leaders in the subsequent challenges. They even awarded the first ever perfect score in the interior rounds when they renovated Maddi Carter and Lloyd Wright’s kitchen and guest bedroom.
On Sunday’s finale episode, Lisa and Adam beat grandparents Carole and Russell Bramston in the last renovation challenge.
They were initially behind the Bramstons for two points, after scoring just 17 from judges Joe Snell and Wendy Moore against Carole and Russell’s 19 points. However, thanks to viewers’ votes, Lisa and Adam won the series.
“This means we can get married and start a family,” a tearful Lisa, 29, said after host Johanna Griggs declared them as winners.
“I owe Lisa my life because this is the most amazing thing in the world,” Adam, 31, added.
Lisa and Adam asked for a James Bond theme for their shed and lawn, while Carole and Russell wanted Balinese style to their downstairs room and adjoining garden bed, which both teams got.
The Victorian couple turned the WA team’s rooms into a James Bond entertainment area with bar and spa, and the WA couple built a Balinese bar and spa area for the younger pair.
Carole and Russell said that their constant bickering was probably the reason why the public chose Lisa and Adam over them.
“We’re sad we didn’t win, but we’re so happy for you,” Carole told the winners.
“If we had to lose to anyone, we’re glad it was Adam and Lisa,” Russell added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border