Ellen Degeneres Cheated on Portia de Rossi While She was in Rehab – Reports
By Riza Ornos | July 7, 2014 8:49 AM EST
Slammed with divorce and cheating allegations, Ellen Degeneres and wife Portia de Rossi are making new headlines as the award-winning host reportedly cheated on Portia back in May when she secretly checked into rehab for drug and alcohol treatment. The actress entered the Passages Malibu rehab for a 30-day treatment and her wife allegedly visited her every weekend to offer support, InTouch Weekly reports.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
"Some of you may not remember, but Ellen was photographed with a mystery brunette date back in February," according Celebdirty Laundry. That also happened to be around the time that the initial divorce rumors were starting to heat up. Clearly, it wasn't a coincidence that Portia ended up in rehab just two months later, and some reports are suggesting that it was the cheating, constant fighting and non-stop bickering that led to Portia hitting the bottle and going on a downward spiral."
The gossip website also claimed that Ellen continued to cheat on her wife after she was admitted to rehab and the couple is heading for divorce sooner or later. "Portia lost it and blamed Ellen for driving her to drink because of her controlling ways and said she wasn't in love with her anymore," a source told the magazine.
Days before the "Ally McBeal" star checked into the facility, the couple appeared to be getting a long and their marriage is blissfully fine as they enjoyed a romantic getaway in Europe. An eyewitness posted a photo of de Rossi and DeGeneres vacationing in Croatia as it features that two women looking relaxed and happy while doing some sightseeing in Hvar.
The duo was also spotted back in June in New York, supposedly after the 41-year-old comedy star completed her alleged treatment. "They are on their way to repairing their marriage. It won't be easy. Portia will always be battling these demons. But they love each other," an insider revealed in an interview posted on Daily Mail.
Thanks to Ellen's domineering attitude, the couple is reportedly in therapy and is trying to work on their marriage. De Rossi previously opened up on her struggles with anorexia both as teenager and young adult, and thanks to her wife she overcome her sickness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles