Ellen Degeneres Cheated on Portia de Rossi While She was in Rehab – Reports
By Riza Ornos | July 7, 2014 8:49 AM EST
Slammed with divorce and cheating allegations, Ellen Degeneres and wife Portia de Rossi are making new headlines as the award-winning host reportedly cheated on Portia back in May when she secretly checked into rehab for drug and alcohol treatment. The actress entered the Passages Malibu rehab for a 30-day treatment and her wife allegedly visited her every weekend to offer support, InTouch Weekly reports.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
"Some of you may not remember, but Ellen was photographed with a mystery brunette date back in February," according Celebdirty Laundry. That also happened to be around the time that the initial divorce rumors were starting to heat up. Clearly, it wasn't a coincidence that Portia ended up in rehab just two months later, and some reports are suggesting that it was the cheating, constant fighting and non-stop bickering that led to Portia hitting the bottle and going on a downward spiral."
The gossip website also claimed that Ellen continued to cheat on her wife after she was admitted to rehab and the couple is heading for divorce sooner or later. "Portia lost it and blamed Ellen for driving her to drink because of her controlling ways and said she wasn't in love with her anymore," a source told the magazine.
Days before the "Ally McBeal" star checked into the facility, the couple appeared to be getting a long and their marriage is blissfully fine as they enjoyed a romantic getaway in Europe. An eyewitness posted a photo of de Rossi and DeGeneres vacationing in Croatia as it features that two women looking relaxed and happy while doing some sightseeing in Hvar.
The duo was also spotted back in June in New York, supposedly after the 41-year-old comedy star completed her alleged treatment. "They are on their way to repairing their marriage. It won't be easy. Portia will always be battling these demons. But they love each other," an insider revealed in an interview posted on Daily Mail.
Thanks to Ellen's domineering attitude, the couple is reportedly in therapy and is trying to work on their marriage. De Rossi previously opened up on her struggles with anorexia both as teenager and young adult, and thanks to her wife she overcome her sickness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date