Ellen Degeneres Cheated on Portia de Rossi While She was in Rehab – Reports
By Riza Ornos | July 7, 2014 8:49 AM EST
Slammed with divorce and cheating allegations, Ellen Degeneres and wife Portia de Rossi are making new headlines as the award-winning host reportedly cheated on Portia back in May when she secretly checked into rehab for drug and alcohol treatment. The actress entered the Passages Malibu rehab for a 30-day treatment and her wife allegedly visited her every weekend to offer support, InTouch Weekly reports.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
"Some of you may not remember, but Ellen was photographed with a mystery brunette date back in February," according Celebdirty Laundry. That also happened to be around the time that the initial divorce rumors were starting to heat up. Clearly, it wasn't a coincidence that Portia ended up in rehab just two months later, and some reports are suggesting that it was the cheating, constant fighting and non-stop bickering that led to Portia hitting the bottle and going on a downward spiral."
The gossip website also claimed that Ellen continued to cheat on her wife after she was admitted to rehab and the couple is heading for divorce sooner or later. "Portia lost it and blamed Ellen for driving her to drink because of her controlling ways and said she wasn't in love with her anymore," a source told the magazine.
Days before the "Ally McBeal" star checked into the facility, the couple appeared to be getting a long and their marriage is blissfully fine as they enjoyed a romantic getaway in Europe. An eyewitness posted a photo of de Rossi and DeGeneres vacationing in Croatia as it features that two women looking relaxed and happy while doing some sightseeing in Hvar.
The duo was also spotted back in June in New York, supposedly after the 41-year-old comedy star completed her alleged treatment. "They are on their way to repairing their marriage. It won't be easy. Portia will always be battling these demons. But they love each other," an insider revealed in an interview posted on Daily Mail.
Thanks to Ellen's domineering attitude, the couple is reportedly in therapy and is trying to work on their marriage. De Rossi previously opened up on her struggles with anorexia both as teenager and young adult, and thanks to her wife she overcome her sickness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June