Ellen Degeneres Cheated on Portia de Rossi While She was in Rehab – Reports
By Riza Ornos | July 7, 2014 8:49 AM EST
Slammed with divorce and cheating allegations, Ellen Degeneres and wife Portia de Rossi are making new headlines as the award-winning host reportedly cheated on Portia back in May when she secretly checked into rehab for drug and alcohol treatment. The actress entered the Passages Malibu rehab for a 30-day treatment and her wife allegedly visited her every weekend to offer support, InTouch Weekly reports.
Comedian Ellen Degeneres (L) and actress Portia de Rossi pose backstage after Degeneres won the award for Favorite Talk Show Host at the 35th annual People's Choice awards in Los Angeles January 7, 2009.
"Some of you may not remember, but Ellen was photographed with a mystery brunette date back in February," according Celebdirty Laundry. That also happened to be around the time that the initial divorce rumors were starting to heat up. Clearly, it wasn't a coincidence that Portia ended up in rehab just two months later, and some reports are suggesting that it was the cheating, constant fighting and non-stop bickering that led to Portia hitting the bottle and going on a downward spiral."
The gossip website also claimed that Ellen continued to cheat on her wife after she was admitted to rehab and the couple is heading for divorce sooner or later. "Portia lost it and blamed Ellen for driving her to drink because of her controlling ways and said she wasn't in love with her anymore," a source told the magazine.
Days before the "Ally McBeal" star checked into the facility, the couple appeared to be getting a long and their marriage is blissfully fine as they enjoyed a romantic getaway in Europe. An eyewitness posted a photo of de Rossi and DeGeneres vacationing in Croatia as it features that two women looking relaxed and happy while doing some sightseeing in Hvar.
The duo was also spotted back in June in New York, supposedly after the 41-year-old comedy star completed her alleged treatment. "They are on their way to repairing their marriage. It won't be easy. Portia will always be battling these demons. But they love each other," an insider revealed in an interview posted on Daily Mail.
Thanks to Ellen's domineering attitude, the couple is reportedly in therapy and is trying to work on their marriage. De Rossi previously opened up on her struggles with anorexia both as teenager and young adult, and thanks to her wife she overcome her sickness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop