Demi Lovato Speaks Up about Miley Cyrus: 'I’ll always love her, she’s been one of my friends since I was 14'
By Diadem Pambid | July 7, 2014 8:32 AM EST
Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus recently engaged in a Twitter feud which led to both singers un-following one another as well. However, it appears as if the feud has long been forgotten. In one of the "Neon Lights" latest interview, Lovato talks about her love for Cyrus and even defends the "Bangerz" singer from the haters.
Singer Demi Lovato serves as grand marshal during the 44th annual Los Angeles Pride parade in West Hollywood, California June 8, 2014.
Early in March, Demi and Miley had a very vocal feud on Twitter. While both singers did not address each other in their tweets, they did un-follow each other after their explosive rants on the social networking site. Yet, according to Demi, such feuds would be pretty normal.
"[Miley] and I are strong headed. When we fight it's brutal and we're like, 'We're never going to be friends again!' Then two days later, were like, 'I love you and I miss you!'" shared Lovato on the March issue of Seventeen magazine.
In fact, Demi's latest interview with We Love Pop strengthens such sentiments. Despite the reports of a feud between the former Disney stars, Lovato has nothing but love for Miley Cyrus. Plus, she even went on to defend Miley's scandalous change from that of "Hannah Montana" to the twerk queen she is now.
"I think the world needs to get over the fact that [Miley] was Hannah Montana when she was 16. Nobody knows her, nobody really knows who I am, and the same with Selena [Gomez] and Jonas [Brothers] and everyone that has grown up in front of the public eye. We're adults now," stated Lovato.
"I think Miley knows what she's doing. A lot of artists take that route of shock value and that's fine, but I think she has such an incredible voice that's overshadowed by some of the things that she's doing. I'll always love her, she's been one of my friends since I was 14. Everyone is on their different journeys and she's having fun, she's being who she is, so power to her," continued the "Really Don't Care" singer.
Well, this statement from Lovato settles the issue that she's in a feud with Miley Cyrus. Could the same be said for her other BFF, Selena Gomez? Reports claim that the former BFF's are now engaged in a feud after Lovato un-followed Gomez on Twitter and posted a tweet about "swimming away from the bulls*** bye b****."
"Demi doesn't need any extra drama, she's learned from her own recovery to lose the people that bring her down and Selena is too much of a headache," claimed the source.
Fans of Lovato will just have to wait and see what happens next in this alleged feud with Selena Gomez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen