Demi Lovato Speaks Up about Miley Cyrus: 'I’ll always love her, she’s been one of my friends since I was 14'
By Diadem Pambid | July 7, 2014 8:32 AM EST
Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus recently engaged in a Twitter feud which led to both singers un-following one another as well. However, it appears as if the feud has long been forgotten. In one of the "Neon Lights" latest interview, Lovato talks about her love for Cyrus and even defends the "Bangerz" singer from the haters.
Singer Demi Lovato serves as grand marshal during the 44th annual Los Angeles Pride parade in West Hollywood, California June 8, 2014.
Early in March, Demi and Miley had a very vocal feud on Twitter. While both singers did not address each other in their tweets, they did un-follow each other after their explosive rants on the social networking site. Yet, according to Demi, such feuds would be pretty normal.
"[Miley] and I are strong headed. When we fight it's brutal and we're like, 'We're never going to be friends again!' Then two days later, were like, 'I love you and I miss you!'" shared Lovato on the March issue of Seventeen magazine.
In fact, Demi's latest interview with We Love Pop strengthens such sentiments. Despite the reports of a feud between the former Disney stars, Lovato has nothing but love for Miley Cyrus. Plus, she even went on to defend Miley's scandalous change from that of "Hannah Montana" to the twerk queen she is now.
"I think the world needs to get over the fact that [Miley] was Hannah Montana when she was 16. Nobody knows her, nobody really knows who I am, and the same with Selena [Gomez] and Jonas [Brothers] and everyone that has grown up in front of the public eye. We're adults now," stated Lovato.
"I think Miley knows what she's doing. A lot of artists take that route of shock value and that's fine, but I think she has such an incredible voice that's overshadowed by some of the things that she's doing. I'll always love her, she's been one of my friends since I was 14. Everyone is on their different journeys and she's having fun, she's being who she is, so power to her," continued the "Really Don't Care" singer.
Well, this statement from Lovato settles the issue that she's in a feud with Miley Cyrus. Could the same be said for her other BFF, Selena Gomez? Reports claim that the former BFF's are now engaged in a feud after Lovato un-followed Gomez on Twitter and posted a tweet about "swimming away from the bulls*** bye b****."
"Demi doesn't need any extra drama, she's learned from her own recovery to lose the people that bring her down and Selena is too much of a headache," claimed the source.
Fans of Lovato will just have to wait and see what happens next in this alleged feud with Selena Gomez.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy