Malaysian Airlines Flight 370: Probers Believe a Power Outage Hit Jet During Early Flight Stages to Avoid Radar Detection
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 7, 2014 8:29 AM EST
In the continuing saga of theories put forward by investigators tasked to find the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, Australian authorities said a power outage could have hit the Boeing 777 jet.
A man travelling on a stolen passport on the missing Malaysian Airlines flight MH370 was a young Iranian who has no links to terrorists.
Experts think the power outage was deliberate to avoid radar detection. Four months since the plane disappeared without a trace, investigators are apparently returning to the theory that the pilot, X, deliberately hijacked the plane en route to Beijing with 329 people on board and possibly ran out of fuel after he changed course.
And like most airplane movie drama, experts believe the jet was flying on auto pilot, while the passengers and crew were unconscious because of lack of oxygen.
Based on those assumptions, Australian safety investigation officials would lay the basis for putting in place an underwater search that would extend further south believed to have plunged into the southern Indian Ocean.
Probers cited as proof of the power outage the unexpected log-on request by the plane's satellite data to a satellite less than 90 minutes after it left Kuala Lumpur for Beijing.
The interruption of the jet's power supply is likely the result of a person in the cockpit who attempted to minimise the use of the aircraft's system. David Gleave, aviation expert from the Loughborough University, explained, "It could be a deliberate act to switch off both engines for some time. By messing about within the cockpit, you could switch off the power temporarily, and switch it on again, when you need the other system to fly the plane."
Given these theories, ATSB officials believe the ill-fated plane was on an autopilot when it flew across the southern Indian Ocean. Now, the bigger question is would Australian search operation finally locate the missing jet or will it remain one of life's unsolved mysteries?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch