Boxing News 2014: Expert Says Pacquiao Will Beat Whoever He Fights in 2015
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 7, 2014 8:25 AM EST
Whether his opponent inside the ring is Juan Manual Marquez, Amir Khan, Miguel Cotto or Terence Crawford, eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao will beat them all, wrote Francisco Gurrola of Boxing News 24.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines waves to fans from a ring in the lobby of the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada April 8, 2014. Pacquiao will challenge undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on April 12. The fight is a rematch to a June 9, 2012 fight that Bradley won. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
The list, however, excluded unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather, not because the boxing expert believes that Money May is invincible, but in the context of listing all possible matches for the Filipino champion before he fights Mayweather as talk of the dream match grows stronger.
In the same way, Gurrola said that Mayweather would be assumed to win again over Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana in their rematch of Sept 13.
Besides the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight that Gurrola foresees as the big boxing event in 2015, he also included a possible Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto match, although that is premised on Alvarez winning his July 12 fight at MGM Grand versus Erislandy Lara.
Talks of a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout keeps getting stronger, fuelled by a promise from Money May of a surprise in May 2015, which could be linked to moves by UAE Prince Amir Shafipour to make the dream match happen in Dubai.
For his part, Pacquiao has expressed readiness to meet Mayweather inside the ring on any given day, 24/7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu