Boxing News 2014: Expert Says Pacquiao Will Beat Whoever He Fights in 2015
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 7, 2014 8:25 AM EST
Whether his opponent inside the ring is Juan Manual Marquez, Amir Khan, Miguel Cotto or Terence Crawford, eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao will beat them all, wrote Francisco Gurrola of Boxing News 24.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines waves to fans from a ring in the lobby of the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada April 8, 2014. Pacquiao will challenge undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on April 12. The fight is a rematch to a June 9, 2012 fight that Bradley won. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
The list, however, excluded unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather, not because the boxing expert believes that Money May is invincible, but in the context of listing all possible matches for the Filipino champion before he fights Mayweather as talk of the dream match grows stronger.
In the same way, Gurrola said that Mayweather would be assumed to win again over Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana in their rematch of Sept 13.
Besides the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight that Gurrola foresees as the big boxing event in 2015, he also included a possible Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto match, although that is premised on Alvarez winning his July 12 fight at MGM Grand versus Erislandy Lara.
Talks of a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout keeps getting stronger, fuelled by a promise from Money May of a surprise in May 2015, which could be linked to moves by UAE Prince Amir Shafipour to make the dream match happen in Dubai.
For his part, Pacquiao has expressed readiness to meet Mayweather inside the ring on any given day, 24/7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions