Boxing News 2014: Expert Says Pacquiao Will Beat Whoever He Fights in 2015
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 7, 2014 8:25 AM EST
Whether his opponent inside the ring is Juan Manual Marquez, Amir Khan, Miguel Cotto or Terence Crawford, eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao will beat them all, wrote Francisco Gurrola of Boxing News 24.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines waves to fans from a ring in the lobby of the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada April 8, 2014. Pacquiao will challenge undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on April 12. The fight is a rematch to a June 9, 2012 fight that Bradley won. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
The list, however, excluded unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather, not because the boxing expert believes that Money May is invincible, but in the context of listing all possible matches for the Filipino champion before he fights Mayweather as talk of the dream match grows stronger.
In the same way, Gurrola said that Mayweather would be assumed to win again over Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana in their rematch of Sept 13.
Besides the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight that Gurrola foresees as the big boxing event in 2015, he also included a possible Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto match, although that is premised on Alvarez winning his July 12 fight at MGM Grand versus Erislandy Lara.
Talks of a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout keeps getting stronger, fuelled by a promise from Money May of a surprise in May 2015, which could be linked to moves by UAE Prince Amir Shafipour to make the dream match happen in Dubai.
For his part, Pacquiao has expressed readiness to meet Mayweather inside the ring on any given day, 24/7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider