Boxing News 2014: Expert Says Pacquiao Will Beat Whoever He Fights in 2015
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 7, 2014 8:25 AM EST
Whether his opponent inside the ring is Juan Manual Marquez, Amir Khan, Miguel Cotto or Terence Crawford, eight-division title holder Manny Pacquiao will beat them all, wrote Francisco Gurrola of Boxing News 24.
Boxer Manny Pacquiao of the Philippines waves to fans from a ring in the lobby of the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada April 8, 2014. Pacquiao will challenge undefeated WBO welterweight champion Timothy Bradley of the U.S. at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on April 12. The fight is a rematch to a June 9, 2012 fight that Bradley won. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
The list, however, excluded unbeaten American boxer Floyd Mayweather, not because the boxing expert believes that Money May is invincible, but in the context of listing all possible matches for the Filipino champion before he fights Mayweather as talk of the dream match grows stronger.
In the same way, Gurrola said that Mayweather would be assumed to win again over Argentinean boxer Marcos Maidana in their rematch of Sept 13.
Besides the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight that Gurrola foresees as the big boxing event in 2015, he also included a possible Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs Miguel Cotto match, although that is premised on Alvarez winning his July 12 fight at MGM Grand versus Erislandy Lara.
Talks of a Pacquiao-Mayweather bout keeps getting stronger, fuelled by a promise from Money May of a surprise in May 2015, which could be linked to moves by UAE Prince Amir Shafipour to make the dream match happen in Dubai.
For his part, Pacquiao has expressed readiness to meet Mayweather inside the ring on any given day, 24/7.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More