The Battle of Modern Day Stylish Cinderella: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Vs Queen Letizia of Spain [PHOTOS]
July 7, 2014 7:57 AM EST
The Battle of Modern Day Stylish Cinderella: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Vs Queen Letizia of Spain
Known for their grace and glamour, Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Spain's newly crowned Queen, Letizia, are two of Europe's most powerful and glamorous women. All eyes are on them whenever they step out in public and just like everyone else these two royals came from humble beginnings before they assumed a role in the palace.
Married to King Felipe of Spain after his father former King Juan Carlos abdicated his post on June 19, the 41-year-old former commoner earned her post as one of the world's most stylish royal. Her impeccable style choices and flawless smile managed to knock the once stylish Kate Middleton from her top spot, thanks to her wardrobe malfunction incident.
"One gem hunter says that while both brunettes are fashion icons who hail from a middle-class background, the similarities end when it comes to the biggest indulgence of royal life - jewellery," Daily Mail reports.
"As stunning women who can afford to inject colour into her jewellery, Letizia confidently embraces vibrancy and variety, whereas Kate is rarely without her conventional pearls or diamonds," Steve Bennet, gem hunter and founder of the Genuine Gemstone Company told the publication.
Unlike Letizia who prefers a colorful ensemble and jewelry, Kate is her exact opposite who prefers simple pieces especially when it comes in choosing her own accessories. A fan of cheap but chic jewelry, the brunette is very much an English Rose who favors a more traditional style compare to the Spanish monarch.
Even with her traditional style, the 32-year-old never misses to set out a trend, a phenomenon dubbed as the Kate effect. Women from around the world are going crazy for Kate's affordable fashion and in her short time in the public spotlight the Duchess "has influenced what twenty-somethings all over the world wear more than some starlets in their whole life in the limelight," Emirates247 reports.
Both royals have their own distinct style that made them a style icon in today's modern world, both are commoners who struggled under public's scrutiny. A queen in waiting and a newly crowned queen who captured the world with their classic beauty and individual style.
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown