The Battle of Modern Day Stylish Cinderella: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Vs Queen Letizia of Spain [PHOTOS]
July 7, 2014 7:57 AM EST
The Battle of Modern Day Stylish Cinderella: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Vs Queen Letizia of Spain
Known for their grace and glamour, Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Spain's newly crowned Queen, Letizia, are two of Europe's most powerful and glamorous women. All eyes are on them whenever they step out in public and just like everyone else these two royals came from humble beginnings before they assumed a role in the palace.
Married to King Felipe of Spain after his father former King Juan Carlos abdicated his post on June 19, the 41-year-old former commoner earned her post as one of the world's most stylish royal. Her impeccable style choices and flawless smile managed to knock the once stylish Kate Middleton from her top spot, thanks to her wardrobe malfunction incident.
"One gem hunter says that while both brunettes are fashion icons who hail from a middle-class background, the similarities end when it comes to the biggest indulgence of royal life - jewellery," Daily Mail reports.
"As stunning women who can afford to inject colour into her jewellery, Letizia confidently embraces vibrancy and variety, whereas Kate is rarely without her conventional pearls or diamonds," Steve Bennet, gem hunter and founder of the Genuine Gemstone Company told the publication.
Unlike Letizia who prefers a colorful ensemble and jewelry, Kate is her exact opposite who prefers simple pieces especially when it comes in choosing her own accessories. A fan of cheap but chic jewelry, the brunette is very much an English Rose who favors a more traditional style compare to the Spanish monarch.
Even with her traditional style, the 32-year-old never misses to set out a trend, a phenomenon dubbed as the Kate effect. Women from around the world are going crazy for Kate's affordable fashion and in her short time in the public spotlight the Duchess "has influenced what twenty-somethings all over the world wear more than some starlets in their whole life in the limelight," Emirates247 reports.
Both royals have their own distinct style that made them a style icon in today's modern world, both are commoners who struggled under public's scrutiny. A queen in waiting and a newly crowned queen who captured the world with their classic beauty and individual style.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage