The Battle of Modern Day Stylish Cinderella: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Vs Queen Letizia of Spain [PHOTOS]
July 7, 2014 7:57 AM EST
The Battle of Modern Day Stylish Cinderella: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Vs Queen Letizia of Spain
Known for their grace and glamour, Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Spain's newly crowned Queen, Letizia, are two of Europe's most powerful and glamorous women. All eyes are on them whenever they step out in public and just like everyone else these two royals came from humble beginnings before they assumed a role in the palace.
Married to King Felipe of Spain after his father former King Juan Carlos abdicated his post on June 19, the 41-year-old former commoner earned her post as one of the world's most stylish royal. Her impeccable style choices and flawless smile managed to knock the once stylish Kate Middleton from her top spot, thanks to her wardrobe malfunction incident.
"One gem hunter says that while both brunettes are fashion icons who hail from a middle-class background, the similarities end when it comes to the biggest indulgence of royal life - jewellery," Daily Mail reports.
"As stunning women who can afford to inject colour into her jewellery, Letizia confidently embraces vibrancy and variety, whereas Kate is rarely without her conventional pearls or diamonds," Steve Bennet, gem hunter and founder of the Genuine Gemstone Company told the publication.
Unlike Letizia who prefers a colorful ensemble and jewelry, Kate is her exact opposite who prefers simple pieces especially when it comes in choosing her own accessories. A fan of cheap but chic jewelry, the brunette is very much an English Rose who favors a more traditional style compare to the Spanish monarch.
Even with her traditional style, the 32-year-old never misses to set out a trend, a phenomenon dubbed as the Kate effect. Women from around the world are going crazy for Kate's affordable fashion and in her short time in the public spotlight the Duchess "has influenced what twenty-somethings all over the world wear more than some starlets in their whole life in the limelight," Emirates247 reports.
Both royals have their own distinct style that made them a style icon in today's modern world, both are commoners who struggled under public's scrutiny. A queen in waiting and a newly crowned queen who captured the world with their classic beauty and individual style.
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Khloe Kardashian Baby Bump Pictures Allegedly Arrive on Instagram, Reported to be Pregnant with French Montana's Baby
- Kim Kardashian's Divorce Struggles: Kanye West Emotionally Unavailable, Neglects Kim and North West on Trip to Mexico
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report