The Battle of Modern Day Stylish Cinderella: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Vs Queen Letizia of Spain [PHOTOS]
July 7, 2014 7:57 AM EST
The Battle of Modern Day Stylish Cinderella: Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Vs Queen Letizia of Spain
Known for their grace and glamour, Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton and Spain's newly crowned Queen, Letizia, are two of Europe's most powerful and glamorous women. All eyes are on them whenever they step out in public and just like everyone else these two royals came from humble beginnings before they assumed a role in the palace.
Married to King Felipe of Spain after his father former King Juan Carlos abdicated his post on June 19, the 41-year-old former commoner earned her post as one of the world's most stylish royal. Her impeccable style choices and flawless smile managed to knock the once stylish Kate Middleton from her top spot, thanks to her wardrobe malfunction incident.
"One gem hunter says that while both brunettes are fashion icons who hail from a middle-class background, the similarities end when it comes to the biggest indulgence of royal life - jewellery," Daily Mail reports.
"As stunning women who can afford to inject colour into her jewellery, Letizia confidently embraces vibrancy and variety, whereas Kate is rarely without her conventional pearls or diamonds," Steve Bennet, gem hunter and founder of the Genuine Gemstone Company told the publication.
Unlike Letizia who prefers a colorful ensemble and jewelry, Kate is her exact opposite who prefers simple pieces especially when it comes in choosing her own accessories. A fan of cheap but chic jewelry, the brunette is very much an English Rose who favors a more traditional style compare to the Spanish monarch.
Even with her traditional style, the 32-year-old never misses to set out a trend, a phenomenon dubbed as the Kate effect. Women from around the world are going crazy for Kate's affordable fashion and in her short time in the public spotlight the Duchess "has influenced what twenty-somethings all over the world wear more than some starlets in their whole life in the limelight," Emirates247 reports.
Both royals have their own distinct style that made them a style icon in today's modern world, both are commoners who struggled under public's scrutiny. A queen in waiting and a newly crowned queen who captured the world with their classic beauty and individual style.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS