NBA News - Jeremy Lin Could Land with the Milwaukee Bucks or Philadelphia 76ers
By James Patrick Quizon | July 6, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Jeremy Lin was disrespected by his current team, the Houston Rockets but he could be wanted by two other teams, the Milwaukee Bucks and the Philadelphia 76ers.
According to Marc Stein of ESPN.COM, the Taiwanese-American has drawn the interest of the Eastern teams and they are willing to absorb Lin’s contract ($14.89M in 2014-2015 and only about $8M counts against the salary cap) and finalize a deal with the Houston Rockets.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Story going online now: ESPN sources say Sixers have expressed interest in trading for Jeremy Lin. Sources say Bucks are also exploring it
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 5, 2014
Houston is hot on the heels of star free agent Carmelo Anthony, who visited Texas last Thursday to hear the Rockets’ free agency pitch. The much-publicized courtship drew the ire of Lin and his supporters after Houston used Lin’s No. 7 jersey in a photoshopped Anthony image that was in display at the Toyota Center during Melo’s stopover in Houston. Lin took to Twitter his thoughts on the matter with a cryptic message quoted from the bible.
Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them — Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) July 2, 2014
The Rockets’ chase for Carmelo has led them to trade Omer Asik to the New Orleans Pelicans. Asik has a similar contract with Lin and unloading his deal was vital in opening cap space. If the Rockets can ship out Lin as well, they’d have a bigger contract to offer not only Anthony but other free agents in the market as well.
Milwaukee and Philadelphia are way under the salary cap in the offseason that they can virtually give up nothing to get Lin and his contract. The probable move can be seen as a favor for the Rockets and they may need to give up future picks to make the deal happen with either team.
Both the Bucks and Sixers are on a rebuild mode the past years but both could use a talent like Lin from the point guard position either as a starter or a back-up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu