NBA News - Jeremy Lin Could Land with the Milwaukee Bucks or Philadelphia 76ers
By James Patrick Quizon | July 6, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Jeremy Lin was disrespected by his current team, the Houston Rockets but he could be wanted by two other teams, the Milwaukee Bucks and the Philadelphia 76ers.
According to Marc Stein of ESPN.COM, the Taiwanese-American has drawn the interest of the Eastern teams and they are willing to absorb Lin’s contract ($14.89M in 2014-2015 and only about $8M counts against the salary cap) and finalize a deal with the Houston Rockets.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Story going online now: ESPN sources say Sixers have expressed interest in trading for Jeremy Lin. Sources say Bucks are also exploring it
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 5, 2014
Houston is hot on the heels of star free agent Carmelo Anthony, who visited Texas last Thursday to hear the Rockets’ free agency pitch. The much-publicized courtship drew the ire of Lin and his supporters after Houston used Lin’s No. 7 jersey in a photoshopped Anthony image that was in display at the Toyota Center during Melo’s stopover in Houston. Lin took to Twitter his thoughts on the matter with a cryptic message quoted from the bible.
Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them — Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) July 2, 2014
The Rockets’ chase for Carmelo has led them to trade Omer Asik to the New Orleans Pelicans. Asik has a similar contract with Lin and unloading his deal was vital in opening cap space. If the Rockets can ship out Lin as well, they’d have a bigger contract to offer not only Anthony but other free agents in the market as well.
Milwaukee and Philadelphia are way under the salary cap in the offseason that they can virtually give up nothing to get Lin and his contract. The probable move can be seen as a favor for the Rockets and they may need to give up future picks to make the deal happen with either team.
Both the Bucks and Sixers are on a rebuild mode the past years but both could use a talent like Lin from the point guard position either as a starter or a back-up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On