NBA News - Jeremy Lin Could Land with the Milwaukee Bucks or Philadelphia 76ers
By James Patrick Quizon | July 6, 2014 4:49 PM EST
Jeremy Lin was disrespected by his current team, the Houston Rockets but he could be wanted by two other teams, the Milwaukee Bucks and the Philadelphia 76ers.
According to Marc Stein of ESPN.COM, the Taiwanese-American has drawn the interest of the Eastern teams and they are willing to absorb Lin’s contract ($14.89M in 2014-2015 and only about $8M counts against the salary cap) and finalize a deal with the Houston Rockets.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Story going online now: ESPN sources say Sixers have expressed interest in trading for Jeremy Lin. Sources say Bucks are also exploring it
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 5, 2014
Houston is hot on the heels of star free agent Carmelo Anthony, who visited Texas last Thursday to hear the Rockets’ free agency pitch. The much-publicized courtship drew the ire of Lin and his supporters after Houston used Lin’s No. 7 jersey in a photoshopped Anthony image that was in display at the Toyota Center during Melo’s stopover in Houston. Lin took to Twitter his thoughts on the matter with a cryptic message quoted from the bible.
Luke 6:29 - If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them — Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) July 2, 2014
The Rockets’ chase for Carmelo has led them to trade Omer Asik to the New Orleans Pelicans. Asik has a similar contract with Lin and unloading his deal was vital in opening cap space. If the Rockets can ship out Lin as well, they’d have a bigger contract to offer not only Anthony but other free agents in the market as well.
Milwaukee and Philadelphia are way under the salary cap in the offseason that they can virtually give up nothing to get Lin and his contract. The probable move can be seen as a favor for the Rockets and they may need to give up future picks to make the deal happen with either team.
Both the Bucks and Sixers are on a rebuild mode the past years but both could use a talent like Lin from the point guard position either as a starter or a back-up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up