NBA News: Houston Rockets to Offer Chris Bosh Max Contract, Big Three Future in Jeopardy
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 6, 2014 4:25 PM EST
A lot of player movements have been finalized in the first week of the NBA. The Miami Heat Big Three of LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade continue to be in limbo.
Miami Heat players (L-R) Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Ray Allen, and LeBron James wait during a timeout against the San Antonio Spurs during the first half in Game 5 of their NBA Finals basketball series in San Antonio, Texas, June 15, 2014.
Amidst the question marks on the potential destination of the game's best player in James, the Houston Rockets try to muddle up the picture by turning their attention to power forward/center Bosh to form their own Big Three of Dwight Howard, Bosh and James Harden. The Rockets are reportedly prepared to offer the maximum allowable salary to the All-star big man to lure him into their fold.
With James' agent entertaining teams such as the Cleveland Cavaliers, Los Angeles Lakers and Phoenix Suns of the possibility of LeBron jumping ship, several teams have already began their feelers for Bosh. Yahoo! Sports reports that Bosh will immediately follow suit in case of LeBron re-upping in South Beach yet, the lack of news on that front have made teams scrambling to pry away the versatile center.
LeBron is demanding a maximum salary which will compensate him north of $20 million per year and also requires that the Heat add considerable pieces before he commits. This is a dilemma as the team cannot move forward and gauge their cap space available without the commitment of James. Team President Pat Riley and head coach have already began their talks with several free agents such as Gasol and Ariza but have only reportedly offered a salary in the range of $5 to $6 million annually, slightly above the midlevel.
Early reports surface that the heat will re-sign Wade to $14 million annually and Bosh to $12 million annually, leaving around $10 in cap space that can be ponied up to the likes of Luol Deng, Trevor Ariza and Pau Gasol. Those reports were already quashed by Bosh's agent and the agent has been contacting teams that Bosh is willing to change teams with a max salary offer.
One of those teams in serious contention is the Houston Rockets who are salivating at the prospect of an elite stretch four who can provide the space for Howard to operate down low and for James Harden to penetrate with ease. Daryl Morey has been freeing up cap space by trading away beleaguered center Omer Asik to New Orleans and now, rumours are ripe that the Rockets will free up some more by sending Jeremy Lin and his $8 million cap hold to the Philadelphia 76ers or the Milwaukee Bucks.
Some reports suggest Bosh is after a four-year deal within the vicinity of $90 million, which will be too pricey to bring back the trio of the two-time champion Miami Heat. Still, experts predict that any movement still hinges on the LeBron James and James alone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Manny Pacquiao To Gauge KO Power Against Chris Algieri
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members