July 4th Fireworks Display Live Stream: New York, Washington & Chicago
By Lou Imperial | July 4, 2014 11:11 PM EST
There's a lot of reason to celebrate on the 4th of July. Aside from relishing the great American Independence, there's just a lot to tune in on this day. From morning's parades to evening's fireworks display, Americans in Australia or even Aussies can watch these events online through several Live Streaming platforms.
Megan O'Niell and Jackie Pugsley (R) snap a selfie with an American flag-clad phone as officials prepare to celebrate Independence Day a day early in Boston, Massachusetts, July 3, 2014. The celebrations were moved for the first time since 1992 due to the developments of Hurricane Arthur on the U.S. east coast. REUTERS/Dominick Reuter (UNITED STATES - Tags: ANNIVERSARY POLITICS SOCIETY TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY)
Unlike last year, there have been setback in preparation for July 4 party because of a forthcoming bad weather. With Hurricane Arthur set to hit the East Coast, organizers of the famous Boston Pops' annual Fireworks decided to move up the date to Thursday, July 3.
However, parties are still expected to erupt across the United States, as cable giants PBS and NBC present their respective Independence Day specials.
NBC will start coverage of MACY's firework spectacular (Live Stream) at 10:00 p.m ET (12:00 p.m Sydney Time). The even can be watched online via free live streaming platform on NBC's official website. The show lined up special performances from Ariana Grande, Enrique Iglesias, Lionel Richie and Miranda Lambert, while 50,000 pounds of fireworks are set to enthrall the viewers from the Brooklyn Bridge.
Meanwhile, renowned TV host Tom Bergeron will once again PBS' A Capitol Fourth special (Live Stream) at 8:00 p.m EST (10:00 a.m Sydney Time). The event will be filled with performances from some of the country's top musical artists, while a 20-minute fireworks display will cap the show.
Where to Watch Fireworks in Big Cities
New York, Brooklyn and Chicago have their own Independence Day celebrations, but what particular place in these big cities where they can have more fun on this momentous day.
Arlington Heights provides the best fun package on July 4th in the Windy City. Located at Arlington Park, 2200 W. Euclid Ave., the place will be hosting a Fourth of July Celebration, where live music, giveaways, food and drinks are in store. Of course, fireworks display will begin at dusk.
New York-Brooklyn Area
Macy's Fireworks spectacular are always one of the best fireworks showpieces every 4th of July, and this year's show becomes even better with the Brooklyn Bridge picked as its backdrop. It can be watched perfectly from several points around the Brooklyn-New York area.
"We are thrilled to be working with our partners in the City of New York to have the magnificent Brooklyn Bridge as our canvas and stunning backdrop for this year's bigger-than-life display," said Amy Kule, Executive Producer of Macy's 4th of July Fireworks, according to CBS New York via the Inquisitor.
For more July 4th Independence Day update, read more at IBT.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 29, 2014: Brooke Must Decide If She Will Continue With Her Plans Of Marrying Bill [WATCH VIDEO]
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate