World Cup QF Live Stream: Germany vs. France - Preview, Live Score, Radio Streaming and Stats
By Lou Imperial | July 4, 2014 11:06 PM EST
Bad blood just won't go away for Germany and France. On Friday at 12:00 midnight East (2:00 a.m Sydney Time), these two football juggernauts will duke it out on the pitch of for a spot in the semifinal of the 2014 World Cup at Estadio de Maracana.
Germany's Thomas Mueller (C) celebrates after scoring against U.S. during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Pernambuco arena in Recife June 26, 2014.
Germany head coach Joachim Low's boys are aiming to keep their World Cup semifinal streak alive, having managed to appeared in the final four of the quadrennial football tourney since the 2002 Japan-Korea World Cup.
Coming off a hard-earned 2-1 victory over a spirited Algerian team in the round-of-16, goalkeeper Manuel Neuer - who had a tremendous job manning between the poles and doing sweeper duties for his team - and the shaky German defense are aware they need to step up their game on Friday in order for them to survive an all-out onslaught from Karim Benzema and the Les Bleus potent striking force.
Germany's fitness is also under question after seven players on their roster were reportedly inflicted with flu-like symptoms. However, Low stressed the health scare was just nothing but minor, and he will even have some help when Borussia Dortmund player Mats Hummels returns to action.
Hummels, who missed Germany's victory over Algeria due because of a flu, will replace Shkodran Mustafi who was ruled out for the remainder of the tourney due to a hamstring injury.
Meanwhile, France will regain the service of Mamadou Sakho of Liverpool and could feature Benzema as their lone striker and Antoine Griezmann as the winger after Olivier Giroud's lackluster performance in their 2-0 win over Nigeria in the round-of-16.
Head-to-Head Between Powers
Germany and France engaged in three toe-to-toe international friendlies with the Germans gaining the upper hand 2-1 last year's exhibition and drawing twice in 2012 and 2005.
France manager Didier Deschamps has been undefeated in 10 World Cup matches as a manager and player, winning a World Cup crown in 1998 in home turf. Meanwhile, Miroslav Klose will also gun for history as the most prolific goal-scorer in the World Cup. The German striker is currently tied with Brazilian great Ronaldo with 15 goals.
France (Predicted, 4-2-1-3): Lloris; Debuchy, Varane, Sakho, Evra; Matuidi, Cabaye; Pogba; Valbuena, Benzema, Griezman.
Germany (Predicted, 4-3-3): Neuer; Hummels, Boateng, Mertesacker, Howedes; Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Kroos; Özil, Müller, Götze
Live Stream Information
Germany vs. France will kick off their match at 12:00 p.m EST (2:00 a.m Sydney Time). Live Streaming is available on ESPN Watch (ESPN 2 and ESPN 3) and Univision while live score and stats can be found on ESPN FC.
For more Germany vs. France World Cup quarterfinals update, read more at IBT Sports
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report