Ecstasy the Alleged Cause of Shia LaBeouf's Bizaare Behavior - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 4, 2014 6:40 PM EST
Contrary to previous reports, Shia LaBoeuf was not an erratic troublemaker last Thursday just because he was overly drunk. He may now be receiving treatment for alcohol addiction, but it was not the only cause of his bizaare behaviour at all. Radar Online claims his experimentation with the drug ecstasy coupled with drinking was the one that made him disruptive and disrespectful last week in New York City that led to his arrest.
Shia LaBeouf (L), is arraigned in Midtown Community Court in New York June 27, 2014.
"Shia has been using ecstasy on a recurring basis in the last several months, along with alcohol," an insider revealed to Radar Online. "His bizarre behavior during his recent arrest in New York City, was likely the result mixing alcohol with ecstasy."
The source also said that police not detecting any strong alcoholic odor on him is a dead giveaway. It was easy to assume that drinking was the cause but the police suspected him to be under the influence of a different substance. Shia reportedly disrespected the police by swearing and spitting at them while handcuffed.
"Cops didn't detect a strong odor of alcohol at the time of Shia's arrest, and suspected he was under the influence of another substance," the source explained.
Shia realized his mistakes immediately and got treatment for his alcohol abuse. His agent releases a statement: "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery. Contrary to previous erroneous reports, Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction."
Radar Online's source however claimed that being treated for alcohol addiction is well and good, but far from enough.
"It's a very good sign that he has finally decided to get treatment, but it should be on an inpatient basis. He is still fighting the process."
On Friday, LaBeouf was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct, one for trespassing and another for criminal trespassing and harassment in the second degree. Because the charges are misdemeanours, Shia is not likely to face jail time if found guilty, Reuters reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists