Ecstasy the Alleged Cause of Shia LaBeouf's Bizaare Behavior - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 4, 2014 6:40 PM EST
Contrary to previous reports, Shia LaBoeuf was not an erratic troublemaker last Thursday just because he was overly drunk. He may now be receiving treatment for alcohol addiction, but it was not the only cause of his bizaare behaviour at all. Radar Online claims his experimentation with the drug ecstasy coupled with drinking was the one that made him disruptive and disrespectful last week in New York City that led to his arrest.
Shia LaBeouf (L), is arraigned in Midtown Community Court in New York June 27, 2014.
"Shia has been using ecstasy on a recurring basis in the last several months, along with alcohol," an insider revealed to Radar Online. "His bizarre behavior during his recent arrest in New York City, was likely the result mixing alcohol with ecstasy."
The source also said that police not detecting any strong alcoholic odor on him is a dead giveaway. It was easy to assume that drinking was the cause but the police suspected him to be under the influence of a different substance. Shia reportedly disrespected the police by swearing and spitting at them while handcuffed.
"Cops didn't detect a strong odor of alcohol at the time of Shia's arrest, and suspected he was under the influence of another substance," the source explained.
Shia realized his mistakes immediately and got treatment for his alcohol abuse. His agent releases a statement: "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery. Contrary to previous erroneous reports, Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction."
Radar Online's source however claimed that being treated for alcohol addiction is well and good, but far from enough.
"It's a very good sign that he has finally decided to get treatment, but it should be on an inpatient basis. He is still fighting the process."
On Friday, LaBeouf was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct, one for trespassing and another for criminal trespassing and harassment in the second degree. Because the charges are misdemeanours, Shia is not likely to face jail time if found guilty, Reuters reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop