Ecstasy the Alleged Cause of Shia LaBeouf's Bizaare Behavior - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 4, 2014 6:40 PM EST
Contrary to previous reports, Shia LaBoeuf was not an erratic troublemaker last Thursday just because he was overly drunk. He may now be receiving treatment for alcohol addiction, but it was not the only cause of his bizaare behaviour at all. Radar Online claims his experimentation with the drug ecstasy coupled with drinking was the one that made him disruptive and disrespectful last week in New York City that led to his arrest.
Shia LaBeouf (L), is arraigned in Midtown Community Court in New York June 27, 2014.
"Shia has been using ecstasy on a recurring basis in the last several months, along with alcohol," an insider revealed to Radar Online. "His bizarre behavior during his recent arrest in New York City, was likely the result mixing alcohol with ecstasy."
The source also said that police not detecting any strong alcoholic odor on him is a dead giveaway. It was easy to assume that drinking was the cause but the police suspected him to be under the influence of a different substance. Shia reportedly disrespected the police by swearing and spitting at them while handcuffed.
"Cops didn't detect a strong odor of alcohol at the time of Shia's arrest, and suspected he was under the influence of another substance," the source explained.
Shia realized his mistakes immediately and got treatment for his alcohol abuse. His agent releases a statement: "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery. Contrary to previous erroneous reports, Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction."
Radar Online's source however claimed that being treated for alcohol addiction is well and good, but far from enough.
"It's a very good sign that he has finally decided to get treatment, but it should be on an inpatient basis. He is still fighting the process."
On Friday, LaBeouf was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct, one for trespassing and another for criminal trespassing and harassment in the second degree. Because the charges are misdemeanours, Shia is not likely to face jail time if found guilty, Reuters reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine