Ecstasy the Alleged Cause of Shia LaBeouf's Bizaare Behavior - Reports
By Annie Dee | July 4, 2014 6:40 PM EST
Contrary to previous reports, Shia LaBoeuf was not an erratic troublemaker last Thursday just because he was overly drunk. He may now be receiving treatment for alcohol addiction, but it was not the only cause of his bizaare behaviour at all. Radar Online claims his experimentation with the drug ecstasy coupled with drinking was the one that made him disruptive and disrespectful last week in New York City that led to his arrest.
Shia LaBeouf (L), is arraigned in Midtown Community Court in New York June 27, 2014.
"Shia has been using ecstasy on a recurring basis in the last several months, along with alcohol," an insider revealed to Radar Online. "His bizarre behavior during his recent arrest in New York City, was likely the result mixing alcohol with ecstasy."
The source also said that police not detecting any strong alcoholic odor on him is a dead giveaway. It was easy to assume that drinking was the cause but the police suspected him to be under the influence of a different substance. Shia reportedly disrespected the police by swearing and spitting at them while handcuffed.
"Cops didn't detect a strong odor of alcohol at the time of Shia's arrest, and suspected he was under the influence of another substance," the source explained.
Shia realized his mistakes immediately and got treatment for his alcohol abuse. His agent releases a statement: "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery. Contrary to previous erroneous reports, Shia LaBeouf has not checked into a rehabilitation facility but he is voluntarily receiving treatment for alcohol addiction."
Radar Online's source however claimed that being treated for alcohol addiction is well and good, but far from enough.
"It's a very good sign that he has finally decided to get treatment, but it should be on an inpatient basis. He is still fighting the process."
On Friday, LaBeouf was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct, one for trespassing and another for criminal trespassing and harassment in the second degree. Because the charges are misdemeanours, Shia is not likely to face jail time if found guilty, Reuters reported.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best