Nicki Minaj Not Feuding with Iggy Azalea, Collaboration Already at the Infancy Stage
By Annie Dee | July 4, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Nicki Minaj made it clear she and Iggy Azalea are not feuding. But because the rumours will not let up, the two have a big sense of humor to make a positive come out of this "supposed feud." Fans of both rappers should stop fighting as well because reports have it that both rappers are set to collaborate soon.
Rapper Nicki Minaj arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
"The idea is in its infancy but since people have been talking about the alleged feud between them both they have discussed to take it as a positive and record a song together," Hollywood Life reports. They might even sing together at the VMAs, Hollywood Life adds.
This is good news for everyone who does not understand why the two talented singers are feuding in the first place. Nicki already made it clear there was no feud and she was not dissing Iggy during the BET Awards, but this planned collaboration might get the message that there's no feud between them out there even better.
It can be remembered when Nicki Minaj went up the stage and accepted her BET Awards trophy, she showed how proud she is of herself and said: "I thank God that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven. What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it."
Many jumped to the conclusion and claimed Nicki was dissing Iggy. All this because there were reports that Nicki discovered rapper T.I was the one secretly writing songs for Iggy.
Nicki was quick to defend herself and claimed she's not dissing anyone. She also congratulated Iggy on her achievements, which means she's aware of the speculated feud between them, Hollywood Life reports.
"The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us!" Nicki tweeted on July 2. Nicki thinks this tweet is not enough to clear up the rumours and tweeted a series more:
"I believe we're smart enough to write down our own thoughts and perspective, just like the men do. I've been saying this for 5 YEARS"
Following this, she also tweeted:
"I've congratulated Iggy on the success of Fancy, publicly. She should be very proud of that. All the women nominated should b proud."
"That will never change my desire to motivate women to write. Our voices have to be heard. I hope I inspire up & coming females to do that," added Minaj.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet