Nicki Minaj Not Feuding with Iggy Azalea, Collaboration Already at the Infancy Stage
By Annie Dee | July 4, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Nicki Minaj made it clear she and Iggy Azalea are not feuding. But because the rumours will not let up, the two have a big sense of humor to make a positive come out of this "supposed feud." Fans of both rappers should stop fighting as well because reports have it that both rappers are set to collaborate soon.
Rapper Nicki Minaj arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
"The idea is in its infancy but since people have been talking about the alleged feud between them both they have discussed to take it as a positive and record a song together," Hollywood Life reports. They might even sing together at the VMAs, Hollywood Life adds.
This is good news for everyone who does not understand why the two talented singers are feuding in the first place. Nicki already made it clear there was no feud and she was not dissing Iggy during the BET Awards, but this planned collaboration might get the message that there's no feud between them out there even better.
It can be remembered when Nicki Minaj went up the stage and accepted her BET Awards trophy, she showed how proud she is of herself and said: "I thank God that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven. What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it."
Many jumped to the conclusion and claimed Nicki was dissing Iggy. All this because there were reports that Nicki discovered rapper T.I was the one secretly writing songs for Iggy.
Nicki was quick to defend herself and claimed she's not dissing anyone. She also congratulated Iggy on her achievements, which means she's aware of the speculated feud between them, Hollywood Life reports.
"The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us!" Nicki tweeted on July 2. Nicki thinks this tweet is not enough to clear up the rumours and tweeted a series more:
"I believe we're smart enough to write down our own thoughts and perspective, just like the men do. I've been saying this for 5 YEARS"
Following this, she also tweeted:
"I've congratulated Iggy on the success of Fancy, publicly. She should be very proud of that. All the women nominated should b proud."
"That will never change my desire to motivate women to write. Our voices have to be heard. I hope I inspire up & coming females to do that," added Minaj.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies