Nicki Minaj Not Feuding with Iggy Azalea, Collaboration Already at the Infancy Stage
By Annie Dee | July 4, 2014 6:38 PM EST
Nicki Minaj made it clear she and Iggy Azalea are not feuding. But because the rumours will not let up, the two have a big sense of humor to make a positive come out of this "supposed feud." Fans of both rappers should stop fighting as well because reports have it that both rappers are set to collaborate soon.
Rapper Nicki Minaj arrives at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
"The idea is in its infancy but since people have been talking about the alleged feud between them both they have discussed to take it as a positive and record a song together," Hollywood Life reports. They might even sing together at the VMAs, Hollywood Life adds.
This is good news for everyone who does not understand why the two talented singers are feuding in the first place. Nicki already made it clear there was no feud and she was not dissing Iggy during the BET Awards, but this planned collaboration might get the message that there's no feud between them out there even better.
It can be remembered when Nicki Minaj went up the stage and accepted her BET Awards trophy, she showed how proud she is of herself and said: "I thank God that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven. What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it."
Many jumped to the conclusion and claimed Nicki was dissing Iggy. All this because there were reports that Nicki discovered rapper T.I was the one secretly writing songs for Iggy.
Nicki was quick to defend herself and claimed she's not dissing anyone. She also congratulated Iggy on her achievements, which means she's aware of the speculated feud between them, Hollywood Life reports.
"The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us!" Nicki tweeted on July 2. Nicki thinks this tweet is not enough to clear up the rumours and tweeted a series more:
"I believe we're smart enough to write down our own thoughts and perspective, just like the men do. I've been saying this for 5 YEARS"
Following this, she also tweeted:
"I've congratulated Iggy on the success of Fancy, publicly. She should be very proud of that. All the women nominated should b proud."
"That will never change my desire to motivate women to write. Our voices have to be heard. I hope I inspire up & coming females to do that," added Minaj.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video