MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 43 Mexican-themed Challenge, Colin Sheppard Eliminated [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 4, 2014 6:34 PM EST
"MasterChef Australia" Season 6, Episode 43 aired on Thursday, July 3, 2014. It featured a Mexican-themed challenge and unfortunately, Colin Sheppard was eliminated. What else happened on this episode? Well, if you want to know more, check out this "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 43.
In MasterChef Australia 6, Episode 43, the contestants (Amy Shields, Brent Owens, Renae Smith and Colin Sheppard) participated in an elimination challenge that has a Mexican theme. Once again, the power apron proves how important it is in the competition because the one who has it can choose who gets to stay. Tracy Collins, the 38-year-old hairdresser from South Australia (SA) possesses the power apron and she chose Laura Cassai, the 19-year-old Health Science student, also from South Australia (SA). Laura will not get eliminated in this particular challenge.
37-year-old Amy, a Learning Systems admin from Western Australia (WA) and 24-year-old Brent, a bobcat driver from Victoria (VIC) teamed up for the Mexican-themed elimination challenge.
On the other hand, 51-year-old Colin Sheppard, a winemaker from South Australia (SA) and 31-year-old Renae Smith, a Brand Developer from New South Wales (NSW) joined forces in the hopes of winning this round against Brent and Amy.
Click HERE to see the recipes prepared by Amy, Brent, Renae and Colin including the Fish Tostaditas Re-Imagined (Amy's) and Choc Chilli Lava Cake (Renae's).
"MasterChef Australia" 6 judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris tasted each of the team's Mexican dishes and decided that they liked those from Amy and Brent. This only means that Colin and Renae must compete against each other and the loser of the final challenge for this episode will get eliminated.
Unfortunately, one of them failed to impress the judges and so, in the end, Colin Sheppard was eliminated.
Click HERE to see photos of the Mexican-themed challenge from the Mexican Standoff gallery of "MasterChef Australia" 6's official Web site.
That's it for the "MasterChef Australia" 6 recap of Episode 43 which featured the Mexican-themed challenge wherein Colin Sheppard got eliminated. It was shown on July 3, 2014 at Network Ten. Watch the full episode HERE. Don't miss "MasterChef Australia" 6 from Sunday to Thursday at 7:30 p.m. But, if you still missed it, don't be sad because the International Business Times (IBT) is here to give you the latest recaps and spoilers of your favourite Australian cooking competition.
Watch a video of "Masterchef Australia" Season 6 below:
MasterChef Australia 6 Recap: Episode 42 Victoria's Great Ocean Road Trip Banquet Service Challenge [WATCH VIDEO]
Top TV Shows Australians Love to Watch in 2014 Including MasterChef Australia, My Kitchen Rules and House Rules [WATCH VIDEO]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage