David Arquette Announces Engagement to Christina McLarty Days After Ex Courtney Cox Announced Own Engagement
By Christine Jane Caparras | July 4, 2014 5:02 PM EST
David Arquette and former "Entertainment Tonight" reporter Christina McLarty are engaged! Just two months after the birth of their first child, the pair have taken the next step to marital bliss by getting engaged in the presence of family after a romantic dinner in Malibu. The engagement came just days after his ex-wife also got engaged.
Arquette and McLarty have been together since 2011 and they welcomed their first child, Charlie West, just this April. The two-month old baby was reportedly with them along with Coco, Arquette's 10-year old daughter with ex-wife Courteney Cox.
The proposal took place at Mastro's Ocean club located in the Malibu beach front as detailed in a report by E! News. The family was reportedly led outside the ocean view restaurant by the actor where they had the sunset as their backdrop. He then fell to his knee and presented McLarty with an engagement ring that featured a large blue stone.
Arquette was previously married to "Cougar Town" star Courteney Cox who herself announced her engagement to Johnny McDaid of rock band Snow Patrol just last week.
Arquette and Cox divorced in 2013 but have been separated since 2010 after having been together for 11 years. They have a young daughter together, Coco who was at the proposal and showed signs that she already knew what was going to happen.
Cox meanwhile had been recently spotted with a large diamond on her finger and later confirmed her engagement when she and McDaid simultaneously announced their engagement over twitter.
It seems like the pair have both moved on from their failed marriage and are continuing to have an amicable relationship as co-parents to their daughter since breaking up in 2010.
McLarty for her part was not previously married but had been in a domestic partnership with Joe Francis, the founder of E!'s "Girls Gone Wild."
The question isn't the only thing that is being popped in said location as the 42 year old actor will also be holding a pop-up event to celebrate the 4th of July at the Ocean Club in cooperation with his LA nightclub Bootsy Bellows.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage