NBA News: Indiana Pacers Seek Trade to Acquire Phoenix Suns PG Goran Dragic
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 4, 2014 4:51 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers seek to reinforce their offense with the one-man fast break show of Goran Dragic. How to acquire him with the limited assets and near capped out salary space will be a challenge.
NBA: Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks
The Eastern conference runner-up Pacers are seeking ways to improve their team after a dismal last quarter of the season and playoffs last year. They have started their revamp adding C.J. Miles and Damjan Rudez, two players with range, to the roster Wednesday. ESPN's Marc Stein was the latest to fuel fire of talks of player movement in Indiana with the Phoenix Sun as trade partners.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 3, 2014
SBnation.com reports that the 2014 Most Improved Player should not be in any discussions for a team switch yet the contract situation of restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe and the interests of several teams to pony up bigger assets have the Phoenix Suns listening but not wholly admitting to putting the springy guard on any trade table. He will be paid $7.5 million next year with a player option for the same amount for the following year. His production last year would put him among the underpaid players and he can use the opt-out clause to seek a bigger contract after this year.
Nicknamed the Dragon, Dragic was the driving force to the relentless fast breaking attack of the most surprising team of last year. Phoenix was in the mix in the last playoff spot in the competitive Western conference only to fall to the Memphis Grizzlies during the last three games of the season. The speculation is ripe that President Larry Bird is considering a sign and trade deal for Dragic in exchange for enigmatic guard Lance Stephenson who is also going to command higher compensation as a restricted free agent.
They can also include combo guard George Hill whose salary can be also absorbed by the Suns given of their under the luxury tax status. The Indiana Pacers have been active in the off-season having also been in conversations with the Boston Celtics in a Rajon Rondo multi-team trade in their bid to finally get over the hump and compete in the NBA Finals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu