NBA News: Indiana Pacers Seek Trade to Acquire Phoenix Suns PG Goran Dragic
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 4, 2014 4:51 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers seek to reinforce their offense with the one-man fast break show of Goran Dragic. How to acquire him with the limited assets and near capped out salary space will be a challenge.
NBA: Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks
The Eastern conference runner-up Pacers are seeking ways to improve their team after a dismal last quarter of the season and playoffs last year. They have started their revamp adding C.J. Miles and Damjan Rudez, two players with range, to the roster Wednesday. ESPN's Marc Stein was the latest to fuel fire of talks of player movement in Indiana with the Phoenix Sun as trade partners.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 3, 2014
SBnation.com reports that the 2014 Most Improved Player should not be in any discussions for a team switch yet the contract situation of restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe and the interests of several teams to pony up bigger assets have the Phoenix Suns listening but not wholly admitting to putting the springy guard on any trade table. He will be paid $7.5 million next year with a player option for the same amount for the following year. His production last year would put him among the underpaid players and he can use the opt-out clause to seek a bigger contract after this year.
Nicknamed the Dragon, Dragic was the driving force to the relentless fast breaking attack of the most surprising team of last year. Phoenix was in the mix in the last playoff spot in the competitive Western conference only to fall to the Memphis Grizzlies during the last three games of the season. The speculation is ripe that President Larry Bird is considering a sign and trade deal for Dragic in exchange for enigmatic guard Lance Stephenson who is also going to command higher compensation as a restricted free agent.
They can also include combo guard George Hill whose salary can be also absorbed by the Suns given of their under the luxury tax status. The Indiana Pacers have been active in the off-season having also been in conversations with the Boston Celtics in a Rajon Rondo multi-team trade in their bid to finally get over the hump and compete in the NBA Finals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 US Open: Down Goes Maria Sharapova, BF Grigor Dimitrov Advances
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase