NBA News: Indiana Pacers Seek Trade to Acquire Phoenix Suns PG Goran Dragic
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 4, 2014 4:51 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers seek to reinforce their offense with the one-man fast break show of Goran Dragic. How to acquire him with the limited assets and near capped out salary space will be a challenge.
NBA: Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks
The Eastern conference runner-up Pacers are seeking ways to improve their team after a dismal last quarter of the season and playoffs last year. They have started their revamp adding C.J. Miles and Damjan Rudez, two players with range, to the roster Wednesday. ESPN's Marc Stein was the latest to fuel fire of talks of player movement in Indiana with the Phoenix Sun as trade partners.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 3, 2014
SBnation.com reports that the 2014 Most Improved Player should not be in any discussions for a team switch yet the contract situation of restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe and the interests of several teams to pony up bigger assets have the Phoenix Suns listening but not wholly admitting to putting the springy guard on any trade table. He will be paid $7.5 million next year with a player option for the same amount for the following year. His production last year would put him among the underpaid players and he can use the opt-out clause to seek a bigger contract after this year.
Nicknamed the Dragon, Dragic was the driving force to the relentless fast breaking attack of the most surprising team of last year. Phoenix was in the mix in the last playoff spot in the competitive Western conference only to fall to the Memphis Grizzlies during the last three games of the season. The speculation is ripe that President Larry Bird is considering a sign and trade deal for Dragic in exchange for enigmatic guard Lance Stephenson who is also going to command higher compensation as a restricted free agent.
They can also include combo guard George Hill whose salary can be also absorbed by the Suns given of their under the luxury tax status. The Indiana Pacers have been active in the off-season having also been in conversations with the Boston Celtics in a Rajon Rondo multi-team trade in their bid to finally get over the hump and compete in the NBA Finals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border