NBA News: Indiana Pacers Seek Trade to Acquire Phoenix Suns PG Goran Dragic
By Vincent Paul Hidalgo | July 4, 2014 4:51 PM EST
The Indiana Pacers seek to reinforce their offense with the one-man fast break show of Goran Dragic. How to acquire him with the limited assets and near capped out salary space will be a challenge.
NBA: Indiana Pacers at New York Knicks
The Eastern conference runner-up Pacers are seeking ways to improve their team after a dismal last quarter of the season and playoffs last year. They have started their revamp adding C.J. Miles and Damjan Rudez, two players with range, to the roster Wednesday. ESPN's Marc Stein was the latest to fuel fire of talks of player movement in Indiana with the Phoenix Sun as trade partners.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 3, 2014
SBnation.com reports that the 2014 Most Improved Player should not be in any discussions for a team switch yet the contract situation of restricted free agent Eric Bledsoe and the interests of several teams to pony up bigger assets have the Phoenix Suns listening but not wholly admitting to putting the springy guard on any trade table. He will be paid $7.5 million next year with a player option for the same amount for the following year. His production last year would put him among the underpaid players and he can use the opt-out clause to seek a bigger contract after this year.
Nicknamed the Dragon, Dragic was the driving force to the relentless fast breaking attack of the most surprising team of last year. Phoenix was in the mix in the last playoff spot in the competitive Western conference only to fall to the Memphis Grizzlies during the last three games of the season. The speculation is ripe that President Larry Bird is considering a sign and trade deal for Dragic in exchange for enigmatic guard Lance Stephenson who is also going to command higher compensation as a restricted free agent.
They can also include combo guard George Hill whose salary can be also absorbed by the Suns given of their under the luxury tax status. The Indiana Pacers have been active in the off-season having also been in conversations with the Boston Celtics in a Rajon Rondo multi-team trade in their bid to finally get over the hump and compete in the NBA Finals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan