Ellen-Portia Divorce Speculations: Ellen Tells Portia 'Get Out,' Portia in Rehab
By Tanya Diente | July 4, 2014 4:07 PM EST
Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia de Rossi have been slammed with reports of marital problems lately. While the couple is said to be facing an impending divorce, reports have surfaced claiming Portia had checked herself into rehab after being told by Ellen to "get out."
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
A source told InTouch Weekly that Portia deRossi secretly entered the Passages Malibu rehab facility in early May for a 30-day treatment. Ellen reportedly visited her every weekend to offer her support while she was at the facility.
According to RadarOnline, citing InTouch Weekly, the source claimed Portia's stint at the rehab was because of an "ugly fight" she had with wife Ellen DeGeneres.
The source said the actress went from sipping white wine occasionally to a bottle or more a day, and she would top it off with a pill.
"It got to the point where she was out of it four nights a week," the source said.
This is when the "vicious shouting matches" started, with the couple screaming "cruel, soul-crushing put-downs," which they both deeply regretted afterwards.
"Portia hadn't been happy for a while and was drinking and isolating [herself], and Ellen confronted her. Portia lost it and blamed Ellen for driving her to drink because of her controlling ways and said she wasn't in love with her anymore. Ellen was crushed and screamed at Portia to get out," the source said.
That's when days later, Portia de Rossie reportedly checked herself into Malibu's Passages rehab.
The source's claim of Portia's struggle with drug use supports RadarOnline's previous report that de Rossi admitted to taking pills when she was 15.
Portial de Rossi claimed her mother "worked for a doctor and ... took the samples of this phen fen type drug." She said she went to the doctor to have a fat test. She was weighed and then the doctor prescribed phen fen.
Despite all the divorce rumours, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi are reportedly working on solutions to keep their marriage.
They have tried couples therapy prior to Portia's 30-day stint at the Passages. They also had divorce attorneys on speed-dial. Ellen was reportedly distraught over Portia's struggle with drug and alcohol, so she has been supportive of her recovery in every possible way.
"They are on their way to repairing their marriage. It won't be easy. Portia will always be battling these demons. But they love each other," the source said.
In an interview with People, Ellen DeGeneres also proclaimed her love for Portia de Rossi, saying she "falls more in love with Portia all the time." She even said her marriage is "better than ever."
As for the other claims of Portia's rehab stint, alcohol use and alleged fighting, the couple is yet to release an official statement. RadarOnline also reached out to their reps but have not received a reply.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect