Ellen-Portia Divorce Speculations: Ellen Tells Portia 'Get Out,' Portia in Rehab
By Tanya Diente | July 4, 2014 4:07 PM EST
Ellen DeGeneres and wife Portia de Rossi have been slammed with reports of marital problems lately. While the couple is said to be facing an impending divorce, reports have surfaced claiming Portia had checked herself into rehab after being told by Ellen to "get out."
Producers of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" pose backstage with the award for outstanding talk show/entertainment during the 41st Annual Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills, California June 22, 2014.
A source told InTouch Weekly that Portia deRossi secretly entered the Passages Malibu rehab facility in early May for a 30-day treatment. Ellen reportedly visited her every weekend to offer her support while she was at the facility.
According to RadarOnline, citing InTouch Weekly, the source claimed Portia's stint at the rehab was because of an "ugly fight" she had with wife Ellen DeGeneres.
The source said the actress went from sipping white wine occasionally to a bottle or more a day, and she would top it off with a pill.
"It got to the point where she was out of it four nights a week," the source said.
This is when the "vicious shouting matches" started, with the couple screaming "cruel, soul-crushing put-downs," which they both deeply regretted afterwards.
"Portia hadn't been happy for a while and was drinking and isolating [herself], and Ellen confronted her. Portia lost it and blamed Ellen for driving her to drink because of her controlling ways and said she wasn't in love with her anymore. Ellen was crushed and screamed at Portia to get out," the source said.
That's when days later, Portia de Rossie reportedly checked herself into Malibu's Passages rehab.
The source's claim of Portia's struggle with drug use supports RadarOnline's previous report that de Rossi admitted to taking pills when she was 15.
Portial de Rossi claimed her mother "worked for a doctor and ... took the samples of this phen fen type drug." She said she went to the doctor to have a fat test. She was weighed and then the doctor prescribed phen fen.
Despite all the divorce rumours, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi are reportedly working on solutions to keep their marriage.
They have tried couples therapy prior to Portia's 30-day stint at the Passages. They also had divorce attorneys on speed-dial. Ellen was reportedly distraught over Portia's struggle with drug and alcohol, so she has been supportive of her recovery in every possible way.
"They are on their way to repairing their marriage. It won't be easy. Portia will always be battling these demons. But they love each other," the source said.
In an interview with People, Ellen DeGeneres also proclaimed her love for Portia de Rossi, saying she "falls more in love with Portia all the time." She even said her marriage is "better than ever."
As for the other claims of Portia's rehab stint, alcohol use and alleged fighting, the couple is yet to release an official statement. RadarOnline also reached out to their reps but have not received a reply.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales