Nokia Lumia 830: Images of Alleged Microsoft Device Leaked Online
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 4, 2014 3:18 PM EST
Images of the alleged Microsoft device, Nokia Lumia 830, were leaked online showing that the Windows Phone handset sports a metal frame with a polycarbonate rear similar to the materials on the Nokia Lumia 930. However, the leaked Nokia Lumia 830 images do not have the Microsoft branding.
The Nokia Lumia 830 images were spotted on the Chinese social network Weibo. The images tease that the device will have a soft tough navigational buttons on the front and the black circle housing of the camera lens and flash at the rear side.
The camera on the device resembles the 41 MP camera on the Nokia Lumia 1020 but reports claim the Nokia Lumia 830 might not have the same high resolution camera technology of the Nokia Lumia 1020. Click HERE to see photos.
According to the Trusted Reviews report, Microsoft will still be using the Nokia branding for 2014 with the introduction of its new brand happening in 2015. Stephen Elop, the Microsoft head of devices, has already announced in April that Microsoft will no longer use the Nokia name on the devices.
"The Nokia brand is available to Microsoft to use for its mobile phone products for a period of time, but Nokia as a brand will not be used for long going forward for smartphones. Work is underway to select the go forward smartphone brand," Elop stated.
The NDTV Gadgets report claims Microsoft appears to have three Windows Phone 8.1 devices coming up with the codenames "Superman," "McLaren" and "Rock." The Microsoft Superman mid-range device will reportedly have a 4.7-inch display and be launched before 2014 ends as the first selfie-focused smartphone while the Rock device will be an entry-level and the McLaren Windows Phone handset will have 3D Touch features in response to the rival device Amazon Fire.
The report further claimed that McLaren will be the successor of the Nokia Lumia 1020 because the device will feature the familiar hump for the camera at the back panel. However, there are no other details available on the devices' features and specs and Microsoft has not given any statement yet on their upcoming devices.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 635: T-Mobile, MetroPCS to Offer Windows Phone Handset below $170 Price - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy