‘Once Upon a Time’ Casts Australian Actress Georgina Haig as Elsa From ‘Frozen’ [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | July 4, 2014 2:43 PM EST
“Once Upon a Time” has cast its Elsa. Australian actress Georgina Haig will be playing the show’s live action snow queen version from the blockbuster animated series “Frozen.”
Haig, who played Paula Yates in “Never Tear Us Apart: The Untold Story of INXS,” is perhaps known to American audiences as Etta Bishop in the now-defunct sci-fi series “Fringe.” She also stars as Lee Anne in the crime drama “Reckless.”
In her native Australia, the 28-year-old actress is known for her role in the children’s show “The Elephant Princess,” as well for her appearances in the teen-oriented drama “Dance Academy.”
In what is perhaps her most anticipated role to date, Haig has secured the coveted role of Elsa, the snow queen in “Frozen” who has inadvertently cursed her whole kingdom to eternal winter.
Warning: spoiler ahead!
According to TVLine, the incarnation of Elsa in “OUAT” will also unleash her powers upon a town, making it suffer from eternal winter. However, it’s only because she is struggling to control her powers.
“Ultimately, she realised that the key to keeping her powers in check is love – namely, her bond with younger sister Anna – and now she is aware of the threat she poses if she were to lose control of her magic again,” the Web site reads.
Anna has also been cast, along with her love interest.
Newcomer Elizabeth Lail will play the Arendelle princess, while “Greek” star Scott Michael Foster will play Kristoff.
“We are very well aware of how beloved [Frozen] is, so we’re very careful that we want to tell a story that is uniquely ours but also honours those characters that everyone fell in love with this past year,” co-creator Adam Horowitz told TVLine.
The fourth season of “OUAT” will begin where “Frozen” left off, Entertainment Weekly reported. Elsa’s arrival was revealed during the third season finale in May.
It is expected to premiere later in 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date