iPhone 6 Release Date Slated for Sept 25; 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Variant Named iPhone Air
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 4, 2014 2:33 PM EST
Earlier reports suggested that iPhone 6 release date is set for Sept 19, 2014. However, a new report from China claims that upcoming iPhone 6 will be launched on Sept 15 and will hit store shelves on Sept 25.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California, June 2, 2014.
Chinese Web portal china.com citing "inside sources" confirmed the release date, which was later picked up by GForGames.
The same source also asserted China will be one of the first countries to see the iPhone 6 release on the aforementioned date. Apparently, Apple's network carrier partner Deutsche Telekom (via MacRumors) requested its call center employees to inform customers about the Sept 19 iPhone 6 release date.
Other than Deutsche Telekom, Chinese Web portal Tencent reported earlier that iPhone 6 release date is set for Friday, Sept 19. However, the portal does not mention the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 variant. But Bloomberg claims Apple will launch the 4.7- and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models simultaneously.
With so many reports pointing to a Sept 19 release, there is a good chance the iPhone 6 release date for countries outside Asia could be on Sept 19, says GForGames. Nevertheless, if the new reports from China.com are true, Apple will be releasing its next-generation smartphone on Thursday, Sept 25.
Furthermore, the report asserts Apple will be launching both the 4.7- and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 variants on the same day. Also, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 model is dubbed as "iPhone Air."
The report also provides information on the pricing details of iPhone 6. The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 (32 GB) variant is priced at 5,288 Yuan (roughly translates to US$850 and AU$908), whereas the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 (16 GB) variant is priced at 5,998 Yuan (roughly translates to US$965 and AU$1031). Notably, this pricing information is in line with the earlier report, which also quoted the same price.
The same report also says China's prominent network carriers, China Mobile and China Unicom, have started testing the iPhone 6 prototype on their 4G networks. However, there is no confirmation from Apple on the release dates of the next-generation devices thus far.
Moreover, designer Mark Pelin has come up with several iPhone 6 design renders that could give the closest look of the upcoming iPhones 6. Interested readers can check out the brand new design renders from 9To5Mac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report