iPhone 6 Release Date Slated for Sept 25; 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Variant Named iPhone Air
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 4, 2014 2:33 PM EST
Earlier reports suggested that iPhone 6 release date is set for Sept 19, 2014. However, a new report from China claims that upcoming iPhone 6 will be launched on Sept 15 and will hit store shelves on Sept 25.
Apple CEO Tim Cook departs the stage following his keynote address at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, California, June 2, 2014.
Chinese Web portal china.com citing "inside sources" confirmed the release date, which was later picked up by GForGames.
The same source also asserted China will be one of the first countries to see the iPhone 6 release on the aforementioned date. Apparently, Apple's network carrier partner Deutsche Telekom (via MacRumors) requested its call center employees to inform customers about the Sept 19 iPhone 6 release date.
Other than Deutsche Telekom, Chinese Web portal Tencent reported earlier that iPhone 6 release date is set for Friday, Sept 19. However, the portal does not mention the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 variant. But Bloomberg claims Apple will launch the 4.7- and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 models simultaneously.
With so many reports pointing to a Sept 19 release, there is a good chance the iPhone 6 release date for countries outside Asia could be on Sept 19, says GForGames. Nevertheless, if the new reports from China.com are true, Apple will be releasing its next-generation smartphone on Thursday, Sept 25.
Furthermore, the report asserts Apple will be launching both the 4.7- and 5.5-inch iPhone 6 variants on the same day. Also, the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 model is dubbed as "iPhone Air."
The report also provides information on the pricing details of iPhone 6. The 4.7-inch iPhone 6 (32 GB) variant is priced at 5,288 Yuan (roughly translates to US$850 and AU$908), whereas the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 (16 GB) variant is priced at 5,998 Yuan (roughly translates to US$965 and AU$1031). Notably, this pricing information is in line with the earlier report, which also quoted the same price.
The same report also says China's prominent network carriers, China Mobile and China Unicom, have started testing the iPhone 6 prototype on their 4G networks. However, there is no confirmation from Apple on the release dates of the next-generation devices thus far.
Moreover, designer Mark Pelin has come up with several iPhone 6 design renders that could give the closest look of the upcoming iPhones 6. Interested readers can check out the brand new design renders from 9To5Mac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight