Chris Colfer Announces Exit from Hit Musical Glee - Truth Behind His Twitter Statement
By nidhi tewari | July 4, 2014 1:58 PM EST
Fans of musical television series "Glee" were in a bit of shock on Thursday when it was announced by the favorite character Chris Colfer on Twitter that he is leaving the hit musical. "Due to personal issues, I have been let go from the cast of Glee," he said on Twitter. "Explanations will come shortly."
However none of the above news holds the truth. In reality, the 24-year-old's Twitter account was hacked and the message posted on social media was not written by Colfer, it has now been revealed, various media agencies are reporting. Colfer is still very much a part of the musical "Glee" and will continue to star in it.
"We've been alerted that Chris Colfer's twitter account has been hacked," 20th Century Fox said in a statement, on Twitter.
"Rumours of his dismissal from Glee could not be further from the truth. We love Chris and look forward to working with him again this season," the statement added.
However the news spread like a fire on Twitter and fans were frenzied with the news. The Tweet from Colfer was re-tweeted more than 5400 times. At the time Colfer's account was hacked, he was travelling and was in a flight where he did not have access to Internet to delete the tweet, SMH reports.
"Apparently I missed quite the INTERESTING day while aboard my flight. I'm just glad I wasn't "killed by a fruit truck" again," Chris wrote on Twitter on Friday.
Colfer plays the character of an openly gay student Kurt Hummel on the hit show and has been very popular with the audience. The actor, who is openly gay in real life too, has also won a Golden Globe Award for best supporting actor in 2011. He has also received two Emmy Award nominations for his performance in 2010 and 2011 for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series.
The American actor was also named in one of the 2011 Time 100, Time's list of the 100 most influential people, according to his bio on Wikipedia.
"Glee" is a popular show and was to return in fall for its final season, but Fox has now announced some time back that the show will return as a "mid-season" program in January of 2015 instead.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28