Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’s Groudon Template Out; XY and Y’s Battle Competitions and TCG Expansion Announced
By Gel Galang | July 4, 2014 1:12 PM EST
November 21 is still very far off. But as fans wait for the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," there are a few more updates to the "Pokemon X and Y" and even a simple way to get accustomed to the two expected Primal Pokemons coming in November.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Gets a New Developer and Interactive Assassin Creation Site; AC: Memories Spotted for iOS
To start off, the upcoming Pokemon that will show its Primal form in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," Groudon, has recently had its template distributed for the "Pokemon Art Academy."
Serebii reports the template is now live and will feature the legendary Pokemon. The distribution period will last until July 9 and is accessible through the Free Paint mode of "Pokemon Art Academy."
The legendary Kyogre template was distributed last week. But it seems there will be a follow-up distribution for this running until the end of July.
In addition, part of Serebii's round-up of Pokemon news, the Eevee Friendly competition for "Pokemon X and Y" has also been announced as a next Battle Competition. Note that there are special rules when joining, starting with the fact that it is a Rotation Battle that makes use of only Eevee and its eight evolutions. These Pokemons should also be a Kalos Native, with their levels lowered to Level 30 for the competition. Lastly, players can only engage in battle 10 times per day.
There's a reason for avid "Pokemon X and Y" players to join the Special Battle, as it will grant 1,000 PokeMile Points to all participants.
Registration is now open until July 10, whereas the actual competition will run from July 11 to 13.
'Pokemon X and Y's' Expansion for the TCG
Beyond the "Pokemon X and Y" 3DS Nintendo game, the Pokemon franchise has also just recently expanded with the release of "XY—Furious Fists."
"The 'XY—Furious Fists' expansion introduces even more incredible Mega Evolution Pokémon, ready to add more power and strategic advantage to your next deck," said The Pokemon Company over at the official Pokemon Web site.
The new expansion will bring in more Fighting-type Pokemons. For instance, players can use Pokemons like Machamp, Hariyama and Tyrantrum, while adding Fighting Stadium and Strong Energy to make the most out of their Pokemons' abilities.
Expect powerful cards on the likes of Mega Lucario-EX, the Mega Heracross-EX, the Dragonite-EX and the Hawlucha-EX, with the Mega Evolution Pokemons expected to make a player's cards even more powerful than before.
The expansion pack will basically give players more than 100 cards. With the right combination of Fighting-type Pokemons and Trainer cards, they can get an easy win against strong opponents.
The "Pokemon X and Y" training card game expansion "XY—Furious Fists" will arrive in stores on Aug 13.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko