Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’s Groudon Template Out; XY and Y’s Battle Competitions and TCG Expansion Announced
By Gel Galang | July 4, 2014 1:12 PM EST
November 21 is still very far off. But as fans wait for the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," there are a few more updates to the "Pokemon X and Y" and even a simple way to get accustomed to the two expected Primal Pokemons coming in November.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Gets a New Developer and Interactive Assassin Creation Site; AC: Memories Spotted for iOS
To start off, the upcoming Pokemon that will show its Primal form in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," Groudon, has recently had its template distributed for the "Pokemon Art Academy."
Serebii reports the template is now live and will feature the legendary Pokemon. The distribution period will last until July 9 and is accessible through the Free Paint mode of "Pokemon Art Academy."
The legendary Kyogre template was distributed last week. But it seems there will be a follow-up distribution for this running until the end of July.
In addition, part of Serebii's round-up of Pokemon news, the Eevee Friendly competition for "Pokemon X and Y" has also been announced as a next Battle Competition. Note that there are special rules when joining, starting with the fact that it is a Rotation Battle that makes use of only Eevee and its eight evolutions. These Pokemons should also be a Kalos Native, with their levels lowered to Level 30 for the competition. Lastly, players can only engage in battle 10 times per day.
There's a reason for avid "Pokemon X and Y" players to join the Special Battle, as it will grant 1,000 PokeMile Points to all participants.
Registration is now open until July 10, whereas the actual competition will run from July 11 to 13.
'Pokemon X and Y's' Expansion for the TCG
Beyond the "Pokemon X and Y" 3DS Nintendo game, the Pokemon franchise has also just recently expanded with the release of "XY—Furious Fists."
"The 'XY—Furious Fists' expansion introduces even more incredible Mega Evolution Pokémon, ready to add more power and strategic advantage to your next deck," said The Pokemon Company over at the official Pokemon Web site.
The new expansion will bring in more Fighting-type Pokemons. For instance, players can use Pokemons like Machamp, Hariyama and Tyrantrum, while adding Fighting Stadium and Strong Energy to make the most out of their Pokemons' abilities.
Expect powerful cards on the likes of Mega Lucario-EX, the Mega Heracross-EX, the Dragonite-EX and the Hawlucha-EX, with the Mega Evolution Pokemons expected to make a player's cards even more powerful than before.
The expansion pack will basically give players more than 100 cards. With the right combination of Fighting-type Pokemons and Trainer cards, they can get an easy win against strong opponents.
The "Pokemon X and Y" training card game expansion "XY—Furious Fists" will arrive in stores on Aug 13.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase