Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’s Groudon Template Out; XY and Y’s Battle Competitions and TCG Expansion Announced
By Gel Galang | July 4, 2014 1:12 PM EST
November 21 is still very far off. But as fans wait for the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," there are a few more updates to the "Pokemon X and Y" and even a simple way to get accustomed to the two expected Primal Pokemons coming in November.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Assassin’s Creed Unity Gets a New Developer and Interactive Assassin Creation Site; AC: Memories Spotted for iOS
To start off, the upcoming Pokemon that will show its Primal form in "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," Groudon, has recently had its template distributed for the "Pokemon Art Academy."
Serebii reports the template is now live and will feature the legendary Pokemon. The distribution period will last until July 9 and is accessible through the Free Paint mode of "Pokemon Art Academy."
The legendary Kyogre template was distributed last week. But it seems there will be a follow-up distribution for this running until the end of July.
In addition, part of Serebii's round-up of Pokemon news, the Eevee Friendly competition for "Pokemon X and Y" has also been announced as a next Battle Competition. Note that there are special rules when joining, starting with the fact that it is a Rotation Battle that makes use of only Eevee and its eight evolutions. These Pokemons should also be a Kalos Native, with their levels lowered to Level 30 for the competition. Lastly, players can only engage in battle 10 times per day.
There's a reason for avid "Pokemon X and Y" players to join the Special Battle, as it will grant 1,000 PokeMile Points to all participants.
Registration is now open until July 10, whereas the actual competition will run from July 11 to 13.
'Pokemon X and Y's' Expansion for the TCG
Beyond the "Pokemon X and Y" 3DS Nintendo game, the Pokemon franchise has also just recently expanded with the release of "XY—Furious Fists."
"The 'XY—Furious Fists' expansion introduces even more incredible Mega Evolution Pokémon, ready to add more power and strategic advantage to your next deck," said The Pokemon Company over at the official Pokemon Web site.
The new expansion will bring in more Fighting-type Pokemons. For instance, players can use Pokemons like Machamp, Hariyama and Tyrantrum, while adding Fighting Stadium and Strong Energy to make the most out of their Pokemons' abilities.
Expect powerful cards on the likes of Mega Lucario-EX, the Mega Heracross-EX, the Dragonite-EX and the Hawlucha-EX, with the Mega Evolution Pokemons expected to make a player's cards even more powerful than before.
The expansion pack will basically give players more than 100 cards. With the right combination of Fighting-type Pokemons and Trainer cards, they can get an easy win against strong opponents.
The "Pokemon X and Y" training card game expansion "XY—Furious Fists" will arrive in stores on Aug 13.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS