Alleged Rapist Passes X Factor Audition
By Athena Yenko | July 4, 2014 12:31 PM EST
An accused rapist on police bail has gotten through the discerning taste of X Factor UK's judges Simon Cowell, Mel B, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh.
The 24-year-old man is ready to make it through the next phase of the contest when the staff learned about his criminal record.
Hence, he was barred from going to the next stage of the audition and currently been dropped from the show, and clips of his audition will not be aired anymore.
Apparently, contestants for X Factor are required to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested, an insider from the show told The Daily Star.
"Contestants are asked as part of the application process to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested," the insider revealed.
"The person in question did not make us aware of his arrest or the ongoing police investigation," the insider added.
"In light of the situation and the ongoing police investigation it has been decided that it is best for the
person in question to no longer be a part of this year's competition," a spokesman for The X Factor said in a statement.
The alleged rape had reportedly occurred in 2013. The man denied the accusation of rape, The Sun reported.
As for hiding his criminal record from X Factor, the man approached the police on his own accord and is now awaiting decision if there will be further charges against him in connection with the show.
According to a close friend of the aspiring singer, he was motivated to join the singing contest because of Cole.
There were already several cases where X Factor UK contestants had to be pulled out of the show due to criminal charges, Daily Mail cited.
15-year-old Emily Nakanda from series 4 was dropped from the show when her "happy slapping" video went viral.
Frankie Coccoza from series 7 was requested to leave the show for boasting about drug abuse.
Kazeem Ajobe from band Rough Copy had also past conflicts with authorities but was allowed to compete. But he was denied a visa to attend the judges' houses stage held in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch