Alleged Rapist Passes X Factor Audition
By Athena Yenko | July 4, 2014 12:31 PM EST
An accused rapist on police bail has gotten through the discerning taste of X Factor UK's judges Simon Cowell, Mel B, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh.
The 24-year-old man is ready to make it through the next phase of the contest when the staff learned about his criminal record.
Hence, he was barred from going to the next stage of the audition and currently been dropped from the show, and clips of his audition will not be aired anymore.
Apparently, contestants for X Factor are required to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested, an insider from the show told The Daily Star.
"Contestants are asked as part of the application process to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested," the insider revealed.
"The person in question did not make us aware of his arrest or the ongoing police investigation," the insider added.
"In light of the situation and the ongoing police investigation it has been decided that it is best for the
person in question to no longer be a part of this year's competition," a spokesman for The X Factor said in a statement.
The alleged rape had reportedly occurred in 2013. The man denied the accusation of rape, The Sun reported.
As for hiding his criminal record from X Factor, the man approached the police on his own accord and is now awaiting decision if there will be further charges against him in connection with the show.
According to a close friend of the aspiring singer, he was motivated to join the singing contest because of Cole.
There were already several cases where X Factor UK contestants had to be pulled out of the show due to criminal charges, Daily Mail cited.
15-year-old Emily Nakanda from series 4 was dropped from the show when her "happy slapping" video went viral.
Frankie Coccoza from series 7 was requested to leave the show for boasting about drug abuse.
Kazeem Ajobe from band Rough Copy had also past conflicts with authorities but was allowed to compete. But he was denied a visa to attend the judges' houses stage held in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored