Alleged Rapist Passes X Factor Audition
By Athena Yenko | July 4, 2014 12:31 PM EST
An accused rapist on police bail has gotten through the discerning taste of X Factor UK's judges Simon Cowell, Mel B, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh.
The 24-year-old man is ready to make it through the next phase of the contest when the staff learned about his criminal record.
Hence, he was barred from going to the next stage of the audition and currently been dropped from the show, and clips of his audition will not be aired anymore.
Apparently, contestants for X Factor are required to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested, an insider from the show told The Daily Star.
"Contestants are asked as part of the application process to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested," the insider revealed.
"The person in question did not make us aware of his arrest or the ongoing police investigation," the insider added.
"In light of the situation and the ongoing police investigation it has been decided that it is best for the
person in question to no longer be a part of this year's competition," a spokesman for The X Factor said in a statement.
The alleged rape had reportedly occurred in 2013. The man denied the accusation of rape, The Sun reported.
As for hiding his criminal record from X Factor, the man approached the police on his own accord and is now awaiting decision if there will be further charges against him in connection with the show.
According to a close friend of the aspiring singer, he was motivated to join the singing contest because of Cole.
There were already several cases where X Factor UK contestants had to be pulled out of the show due to criminal charges, Daily Mail cited.
15-year-old Emily Nakanda from series 4 was dropped from the show when her "happy slapping" video went viral.
Frankie Coccoza from series 7 was requested to leave the show for boasting about drug abuse.
Kazeem Ajobe from band Rough Copy had also past conflicts with authorities but was allowed to compete. But he was denied a visa to attend the judges' houses stage held in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft