Alleged Rapist Passes X Factor Audition
By Athena Yenko | July 4, 2014 12:31 PM EST
An accused rapist on police bail has gotten through the discerning taste of X Factor UK's judges Simon Cowell, Mel B, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh.
The 24-year-old man is ready to make it through the next phase of the contest when the staff learned about his criminal record.
Hence, he was barred from going to the next stage of the audition and currently been dropped from the show, and clips of his audition will not be aired anymore.
Apparently, contestants for X Factor are required to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested, an insider from the show told The Daily Star.
"Contestants are asked as part of the application process to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested," the insider revealed.
"The person in question did not make us aware of his arrest or the ongoing police investigation," the insider added.
"In light of the situation and the ongoing police investigation it has been decided that it is best for the
person in question to no longer be a part of this year's competition," a spokesman for The X Factor said in a statement.
The alleged rape had reportedly occurred in 2013. The man denied the accusation of rape, The Sun reported.
As for hiding his criminal record from X Factor, the man approached the police on his own accord and is now awaiting decision if there will be further charges against him in connection with the show.
According to a close friend of the aspiring singer, he was motivated to join the singing contest because of Cole.
There were already several cases where X Factor UK contestants had to be pulled out of the show due to criminal charges, Daily Mail cited.
15-year-old Emily Nakanda from series 4 was dropped from the show when her "happy slapping" video went viral.
Frankie Coccoza from series 7 was requested to leave the show for boasting about drug abuse.
Kazeem Ajobe from band Rough Copy had also past conflicts with authorities but was allowed to compete. But he was denied a visa to attend the judges' houses stage held in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related