Alleged Rapist Passes X Factor Audition
By Athena Yenko | July 4, 2014 12:31 PM EST
An accused rapist on police bail has gotten through the discerning taste of X Factor UK's judges Simon Cowell, Mel B, Cheryl Cole and Louis Walsh.
The 24-year-old man is ready to make it through the next phase of the contest when the staff learned about his criminal record.
Hence, he was barred from going to the next stage of the audition and currently been dropped from the show, and clips of his audition will not be aired anymore.
Apparently, contestants for X Factor are required to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested, an insider from the show told The Daily Star.
"Contestants are asked as part of the application process to declare if they have any criminal convictions or if they have been arrested," the insider revealed.
"The person in question did not make us aware of his arrest or the ongoing police investigation," the insider added.
"In light of the situation and the ongoing police investigation it has been decided that it is best for the
person in question to no longer be a part of this year's competition," a spokesman for The X Factor said in a statement.
The alleged rape had reportedly occurred in 2013. The man denied the accusation of rape, The Sun reported.
As for hiding his criminal record from X Factor, the man approached the police on his own accord and is now awaiting decision if there will be further charges against him in connection with the show.
According to a close friend of the aspiring singer, he was motivated to join the singing contest because of Cole.
There were already several cases where X Factor UK contestants had to be pulled out of the show due to criminal charges, Daily Mail cited.
15-year-old Emily Nakanda from series 4 was dropped from the show when her "happy slapping" video went viral.
Frankie Coccoza from series 7 was requested to leave the show for boasting about drug abuse.
Kazeem Ajobe from band Rough Copy had also past conflicts with authorities but was allowed to compete. But he was denied a visa to attend the judges' houses stage held in New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal