OnePlus One vs. LG G3: Specifications, Features and Price Comparison
By Pavithra Rathinavel | July 4, 2014 11:29 AM EST
One of the most awaited phones, the LG G3, was released on May 27, 2014 in selected regions. This phone comes bundled with terrific features, superior hardware/software performances and a stunning camera unit. The OnePlus One, on the other hand, was released only recently in June 2014. Owing to the impressive high-end specifications and a budget-friendly price tag, OnePlus One is a killer smartphone. Readers who are interested in buying one of the aforementioned handsets should check out this specification and price comparison.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
Display, Exterior and Size
Surprisingly, both the phones come with the same 5.5 inches IPS LCD displays. The difference comes in the form of screen resolution and pixel density. The LG G3 features a superior screen resolution of 1,440 x 2,560 pixels with 534 ppi pixel strength, while the OnePlus One features a relatively lesser 1,080 x 1,920 pixels resolution, in combination with 401 ppi pixel density.
These killer screen specifications provide stunning viewing experience in the humongous phablet-like screens of both G3 and One. However, the unique selling point of the OnePlus One handset is the magnesium exterior. Also the rear panel is alterable with choices like bamboo, kevlar, and denim. Moreover, the LG G3's exterior is made of plastic material, but the metal effect on the plastic body is convincing enough to give the much-appreciated metallic look.
The thickness of both the handsets stand at 0.35 inches, while the LG G3 weighs 149 g, the OnePlus One is heavier at 162 g.
Hardware, Software and Internal Storage
Interestingly, both the phones are powered by quad-core (Qualcomm Snapdragon 801) Krait 400 processors, clocked at 2.5 GHz. While the LG G3 comes with a 2 GB of RAM (if opted for 16 GB of storage) and a 3 GB of RAM (If opted for 32 GB of storage), the OnePlus One comes with a solid 3 GB of RAM.
Also, the LG G3 houses 16 GB or 32 GB of internal storage with microSD slot for expansion up to 128 GB. While the OnePlus One handset offers 16 GB and 64 GB of internal storage, there is no microSD card support.
Camera and Battery
Both the phones sport 13 MP rear-facing cameras with Dual-LED flash. When it comes to secondary camera, the OnePlus One trumps LG G3 with a surprisingly good 5 MP camera, while the G3 comes with only 2.1 MP front-facing camera unit. In addition, both the phones support 4K (3,840 x 2,160) video capture.
It is worth mentioning that, LG G3 is known for its killer 'camera software' specification. Some of the peculiar features of the G3 include 'Laser Autofocus Sensor' and 'Selfie' Mode. LG claims that the laser autofocus sensor functionality is very quick, as it takes only 0.276 seconds to focus. Additionally, the camera also features simultaneous video/image recording and voice activation.
In addition, the LG G3 houses a solid user-replaceable 3000 mAh battery, whereas the OnePlus One comes with a non-removable but relatively better 3100 mAh battery unit.
1. The LG G3 comes in five shades gold, white, black, blue, and red. The shades blue and red are not available widely. However, the OnePlus One comes in silk white and sandstone black.
2. Both the handsets support NFC.
3. The LG G3 has built-in wireless charging capability.
4. Also, both the phones support micro-sim.
5. One other peculiar feature of OnePlus One is the support to Bluetooth v4.1, while the LG G3 supports Bluetooth v4.0.
6. It is worth noting that, none of the aforementioned devices have water/dust resistant exterior.
The LG G3 is priced at AU$759.95 in Australia. The Australian version of LG G3 is LG-D855 model that comes with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage combination. Hence, the 3 GB variant of LG G3 is not available in Australia. Also, the OnePlus One 16 GB with 4G LTE is priced at AU$509.95 in Australia.
Nokia Lumia 635 vs. Moto G (4G) - Specifications, Release Date and Price Comparison
Nokia X2 vs. Moto E - Specifications, Features and Price Comparison
Nokia XL (Dual-Sim) vs. Nokia X (Dual-Sim) - Specifications and Price Comparison
Moto X vs. Moto X+1 - Fresh Leaks, Release Date, Specifications, and Price Showdown; Moto 360 Release Date
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family