Xbox One’s Cloud Power May Still Have Surprises as the Console Becomes Default in 2K+ MLG Tournaments
By Gel Galang | July 4, 2014 10:28 AM EST
After the controversial change in the messaging and apparent implementation of the Xbox One's cloud power, where it apparently now focused on dedicated servers being the actual benefit, some people have wondered if that was all that the next-gen console from Microsoft can offer.
A scene from the Xbox One "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game is demonstrated during the Xbox E3 Media Briefing at the University of Southern California's Galen Center in Los Angeles, California June 9, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Xbox One Gaming Updates: Titanfall’s Possible DLC Modes, Ghosts’ Newest Fixes and New ID@Xbox Titles Revealed
This is especially true since the dedicated servers were first introduced with "Titanfall" for Xbox One and Xbox 360, and fans weren't expecting that the Azure power was "showcased" in such a hushed and unassuming way.
But it seems that Microsoft may still have something up their sleeves in relation to the Xbox One cloud power.
DualShockers reports that a demo is planned to show off what the Xbox One's cloud power really is for its games. In Japan, it seems that the Xbox One cloud power is still being promoted in the same way that it was previously--that its power is at par to that of three Xbox One consoles.
In addition, there was also a mention of AI processing capabilities and even graphics rendering for games. Smart matching and dedicated servers were also mentioned--and so far, these are the features that have been seen in "Titanfall," and features that will presumably be utilized in future Xbox One games.
Change in the MLG Tournaments
If the resolution gate has favoured the PS4 over the Xbox One in quite a number of games, the Xbox One may now have one big step ahead of the PS4.
In fact, it's not even a step ahead but rather a big change in the tradition, as Major League Gaming has now announced that all online tournaments for "Call of Duty" will now use the Xbox One as its default console.
"MLG would like to announce that all online 2K and 5K 'Call of Duty: Ghosts Tournaments, run by MLG or UMG, will be moving to Xbox One as the default console," said the MLG via its official Web site.
The change is already in effect, though players may want to know that it will be the last time that any Xbox 360 Ghost Ladders will have an impact on the Pro Points Rankings. After Thursday of this week for Europe, the Pro Points Rankings released on July 15 in North America and July 17 in Europe will now incorporate Xbox One Ghosts Ladders.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone