Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date Soon Brought to Life through Video Running with iOS 8
By Precious Silva | July 4, 2014 10:19 AM EST
Apple's iPhone 6 will not arrive until fall but more information and mockups appear by the day. More importantly, a recent video released shows consumers what they can expect from the iPhone 6 while running on iOS 8. The video provides a good insight on how the user interface will be like and what type of user experience the iPhone 6 promises. Can the upcoming Apple flagship be a killer?
Apple's new iPhone 5S is displayed at an Apple shop in Tokyo's Ginza shopping district in this September 20, 2013 file photo.
To give an overview of what the iPhone 6 will look and feel like when running on iOS 8, Tom Rich has uploaded a video on YouTube. The video offers a demonstration of the iOS with possible specifications of the iPhone 6. The YouTube footage features a developer preview of the iOS 8 installed on the iPhone 6. Apart from the interface review, the video also shows a review of the iPhone 6 compared with the iPod and the iPhone 5s. The device was also compared to the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the HTC One M8 to provide more details about its form factor.
It is important to clarify that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 used in the video is a dummy. The display running is also not the actual device but a render of the upcoming flagship. The developer used a Chroma key screen to superimpose the video. If users will look closely at the video, there is a red dot button signaling the tracker to ensure proper synchronization of the video according to Deccan Chronicle.
To check out the video click here.
People should also notice the missing Apple logo on the iPhone 6's rear panel featured in the video. Following the footage beyond 1:51, people can figure out immediately that the iOS 8 developer preview shown was created through an iPod. The device featured is typing a message automatically on the screen.
Many sources considered the video demonstration as an excellent way to show what the iPhone 6 will be like. Some also said that editing was impressive providing a realistic showcase. Developer previews often show a good idea on the upcoming features of devices especially since early versions of the iOS platform has been provided to these parties already. Analysts placed a $199.99 price tag on the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 with the 5.5-inch to come with $100 premium.
Apple has not released an official announcement about the device yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015