Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen and Her Dragons
By Sachin Trivedi | July 4, 2014 10:17 AM EST
Daenerys Targaryen will learn that conquering a city is very different from ruling it in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. Her dragons will have grown bigger but there may not be a big battle to use them. The dragons are ineffective against a hidden enemy. Spoilers Ahead.
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/Files
According to the book series "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin, Daenerys will face a new enemy in the city of Meereen. A group calling themselves Sons of the Harpy will try to destabilise her rule in the city.
The members of the Sons of the Harpy will kill the supporters of Daenerys Targaryen and the soldiers in her army. The queen has two options to solve this problem - either allow slave trade to continue or work with a respected noble family in Meereen to contain the situation.
Daenerys will also face a threat from the Yunkai in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. The Yunkai are raising a large army and are getting the support of the other free cities. Stopping of the slave trade has threatened the way of life for many of the powerful people in the free cities.
Daenerys will get a flurry of marriage proposals including one from the House Martell of Dorne. Daenerys will finally concede to marrying into a noble house in Meereen in exchange for peace. The peace however may not last long.
Fans of Tyrion Lannister who are hoping that he meets with Daenerys Targaryen will have to wait a little longer. The two popular characters are expected to cross paths in the upcoming book "Winds of Winter."
The role of dragons may still be minimal in "Game of Thrones" Season 5. Viewers saw the mother of dragons chain two of her dragons in the dungeon. But the biggest of the three -Drogon managed to escape. Viewers may finally see Daenerys ride Drogon towards the end of the season.
"Game of Thrones" Season 5 is expected to premiere in April 2015. The show is one of the most watched and pirated TV shows. The show is famous for unexpected and sudden twists. Fans of the show eagerly await the next season and are excited to see their favourite characters in action.
Star Wars Episode 7: Kevin Smith Hints at the Sith After Visiting the Set [Read]
Grand Theft Auto 5: Special July 4 Independence Day Content [Read]
Star Wars 7: More Hints Point to Boba Fett and Mandalorians in the Movie [Watch Video] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Kaley Cuoco Says ‘Season 8 Here We Come’ In Instagram Video, Sports Pixie Haircut
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- Google Works on Powering Up Chromebook Line to Kill Competitors, Nvidia Joins with Acer for New Killer Laptop