Singer Rob Cantor Performs His Original Song Perfect with 29 Different Celeb Impressions [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 4, 2014 10:11 AM EST
Singer Rob Cantor showed his exceptional vocal prowess as he performed his original song "Perfect" with 29 different celebrity impressions. His video went viral on YouTube after it amassed over 1.9 million views in just a matter of three days.
The 3.37-minute long video entitled "29 Celebrity Impressions, 1 Original Song - Rob Cantor" put together the voices of famous singers, actors and animated characters in a wide range of vocal chords. The pianist Andrew Horowitz provided the accompaniment for the singer's mind-blowing and impressive performance.
The songwriter/ impressionist sang directly into the camera as he imitated the voices of famous male singers Randy Newman, Louis Armstrong, Willie Nelson, Bono, Bilie Holiday, Frank Sinatra and Bob Dylan. He also impersonated the voices of female singer Shakira, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Cher, and Bjork.
Along the way, Rob Cantor also released the inner voices of the comedians Gilbert Gottfried, Ray Romano, and Jon Lovitz. He even imitated the voices of actors Adam Sandler, Jack Black, Christopher Lloyd, Steve Buscemi, Patrick Warburton, Ian McKellan, Jeff Goldblum, and Christopher Walken.
Even more interesting in the viral video, Rob Cantor included the impressions of animated fictional characters Kermit the Frog, Flipper, Smeagol/ Gollum, and Peter Griffin. At the last part, he included a spot on self- impression.
On his Facebook page, Rob Cantor urged the Australians to watch his video which took a lot of practice and about 40 takes to come up with the perfect rendition of his original song.
"I'm absolutely floored by the response to my new video. Never in my wildest dreams did I predict it would spread like this! Insanity. I'm so glad people enjoy the clip, and I'm even happier they seem to dig the song!" said Cantor's email to Today.
The song "Perfect" is from Rob Cantor's new album "Not a Trampoline" which contained 12 tracks. Apart from "Perfect" the other 11 tracks include Ghost, Old Bike, Garden of Eden, The Rendezvous featuring Madj Diaz, I'm Gonna Win, All I Need Is You, Flamingo, La Telenovela featuring Jhameel, In Memoriam, Let Your Mother Know, and Lonely (But Not Alone).
Watch Rob Cantor perform his original song Perfect with 29 different celeb impressions from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money