Singer Rob Cantor Performs His Original Song Perfect with 29 Different Celeb Impressions [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 4, 2014 10:11 AM EST
Singer Rob Cantor showed his exceptional vocal prowess as he performed his original song "Perfect" with 29 different celebrity impressions. His video went viral on YouTube after it amassed over 1.9 million views in just a matter of three days.
The 3.37-minute long video entitled "29 Celebrity Impressions, 1 Original Song - Rob Cantor" put together the voices of famous singers, actors and animated characters in a wide range of vocal chords. The pianist Andrew Horowitz provided the accompaniment for the singer's mind-blowing and impressive performance.
The songwriter/ impressionist sang directly into the camera as he imitated the voices of famous male singers Randy Newman, Louis Armstrong, Willie Nelson, Bono, Bilie Holiday, Frank Sinatra and Bob Dylan. He also impersonated the voices of female singer Shakira, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Cher, and Bjork.
Along the way, Rob Cantor also released the inner voices of the comedians Gilbert Gottfried, Ray Romano, and Jon Lovitz. He even imitated the voices of actors Adam Sandler, Jack Black, Christopher Lloyd, Steve Buscemi, Patrick Warburton, Ian McKellan, Jeff Goldblum, and Christopher Walken.
Even more interesting in the viral video, Rob Cantor included the impressions of animated fictional characters Kermit the Frog, Flipper, Smeagol/ Gollum, and Peter Griffin. At the last part, he included a spot on self- impression.
On his Facebook page, Rob Cantor urged the Australians to watch his video which took a lot of practice and about 40 takes to come up with the perfect rendition of his original song.
"I'm absolutely floored by the response to my new video. Never in my wildest dreams did I predict it would spread like this! Insanity. I'm so glad people enjoy the clip, and I'm even happier they seem to dig the song!" said Cantor's email to Today.
The song "Perfect" is from Rob Cantor's new album "Not a Trampoline" which contained 12 tracks. Apart from "Perfect" the other 11 tracks include Ghost, Old Bike, Garden of Eden, The Rendezvous featuring Madj Diaz, I'm Gonna Win, All I Need Is You, Flamingo, La Telenovela featuring Jhameel, In Memoriam, Let Your Mother Know, and Lonely (But Not Alone).
Watch Rob Cantor perform his original song Perfect with 29 different celeb impressions from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced