Singer Rob Cantor Performs His Original Song Perfect with 29 Different Celeb Impressions [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | July 4, 2014 10:11 AM EST
Singer Rob Cantor showed his exceptional vocal prowess as he performed his original song "Perfect" with 29 different celebrity impressions. His video went viral on YouTube after it amassed over 1.9 million views in just a matter of three days.
The 3.37-minute long video entitled "29 Celebrity Impressions, 1 Original Song - Rob Cantor" put together the voices of famous singers, actors and animated characters in a wide range of vocal chords. The pianist Andrew Horowitz provided the accompaniment for the singer's mind-blowing and impressive performance.
The songwriter/ impressionist sang directly into the camera as he imitated the voices of famous male singers Randy Newman, Louis Armstrong, Willie Nelson, Bono, Bilie Holiday, Frank Sinatra and Bob Dylan. He also impersonated the voices of female singer Shakira, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Cher, and Bjork.
Along the way, Rob Cantor also released the inner voices of the comedians Gilbert Gottfried, Ray Romano, and Jon Lovitz. He even imitated the voices of actors Adam Sandler, Jack Black, Christopher Lloyd, Steve Buscemi, Patrick Warburton, Ian McKellan, Jeff Goldblum, and Christopher Walken.
Even more interesting in the viral video, Rob Cantor included the impressions of animated fictional characters Kermit the Frog, Flipper, Smeagol/ Gollum, and Peter Griffin. At the last part, he included a spot on self- impression.
On his Facebook page, Rob Cantor urged the Australians to watch his video which took a lot of practice and about 40 takes to come up with the perfect rendition of his original song.
"I'm absolutely floored by the response to my new video. Never in my wildest dreams did I predict it would spread like this! Insanity. I'm so glad people enjoy the clip, and I'm even happier they seem to dig the song!" said Cantor's email to Today.
The song "Perfect" is from Rob Cantor's new album "Not a Trampoline" which contained 12 tracks. Apart from "Perfect" the other 11 tracks include Ghost, Old Bike, Garden of Eden, The Rendezvous featuring Madj Diaz, I'm Gonna Win, All I Need Is You, Flamingo, La Telenovela featuring Jhameel, In Memoriam, Let Your Mother Know, and Lonely (But Not Alone).
Watch Rob Cantor perform his original song Perfect with 29 different celeb impressions from YouTube.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 New Teaser Video, Spoilers: ‘Don’t Hesitate, They Won’t’
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation