Divergent Series Author Veronica Roth Talks Splitting Allegiant in Two, Deleted Scene and More
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | July 4, 2014 9:21 AM EST
While Shailene Woodley, Theo James and the rest of the cast are busy filming for the "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent," series author Veronica Roth, who recently got nominated for the 2014 Queen of Teen Book award, is busy spilling details about a lot of things in interviews.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James attend the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California, March 18, 2014. The movie opens in the U.S. on March 21.
In an interview with moviepilot, the 25-year-old author addressed the possibility of the third installment of the "Divergent" franchise, "Allegiant," to be split in two. If the movie will be split in two, it will be the same with "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay," starring Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson, that has gotten a part 1 and a part 2.
"I heard rumblings that they might and all along I was kinda like, 'Well, it's up to you guys,' but we'll see how they do it," Veronica Roth told moviepilot. "There's some natural breaking point so I'm excited to see exactly where they stop and exactly what they do."
According to the "Divergent" author, the "little bit of a slow period in the middle of Allegiant" may be where the producers of the franchise will do the splitting. The actress added that she's "interested to see what kind of movie magic solutions" the producers and director Robert Schwentke will come up with.
Roth also shared the scenes that she is looking forward to in future "Divergent" franchise installments "Insurgent" and "Allegiant" where Woodley and James reprise their roles as Tris and Four.
"I love the simulations. I think that's one of the most fun parts of seeing the books adapted into movies, so again, super excited for those and interested to see how they handle them," Veronica Roth gushed.
Meanwhile, in another interview, Roth, who is now getting ready for "Insurgent," revealed to The Hollywood Reporter how she felt about the scene where Edward, the guy from the Euridite faction who later transferred to Dauntless, got stabbed in the eye, had been deleted in the first installment.
"I think they shot it, and then they showed me dailies from it -- the stills of it -- and it was truly horrifying," Veronica Roth told THR.
Roth explained that the stabbing scene had been worse on screen than when the scene was only written on the book, which the author admitted made her "kind of glad that they cut it."
The "Divergent" series author has been nominated for the 2014 Queen of Teen Book award where "The Fault in Our Stars" author John Green has also been nominated. Fans who want to vote for their favourite author can visit the Queen of Teen's official page.
"Insurgent," the sequel to Veronica Roth's "Divergent" series, starring Shailene Woodley and Theo James, is set to hit theatres on March 20, 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Theo James and Shailene Woodley's Love Story Evolves in 'Insurgent"
- ‘Game of Thrones’ ‘A Song of Ice And Fire’ Ending Guessed By Fans, Jon Snow The Final Hero
- 'Insurgent' Movie Plot Details: Ansel Elgort to Darker Role, Relationship With Beatrice to Change
- ‘Game of Thrones’ The Mountain Hailed As Europe’s Strongest Man, Gregor Clegane’s Fate In Season 5 [VIDEO]
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Trystane Martell, Five Things To Know About The Prince Betrothed To Myrcella Baratheon
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015