Lindsay Lohan Sues Grand Theft Auto 5 Game Producers
By Sachin Trivedi | July 4, 2014 9:11 AM EST
Lindsay Lohan, the actress known for her roles in movies, "Mean Girls" and "Parent Trap," is reportedly suing the producers of the popular game "Grand Theft Auto" 5.
Actress Lindsay Lohan arrives for the presentation of the Moschino collection during its London Collections: Men show in London June 16, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
She reportedly said the character in the game is based on her and the producers did not get her permission. Lohan reportedly filed a civil suit with the Supreme Court in New York on her birthday. She was born on July 2, 1986. The suit was filed against Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games. Both the companies are involved in the making of "Grand Theft Auto" 5.
According to Lohan, the character Lacey Jonas has been created with her likeness without the requisite permission from the actress.
She added the character uses similar clothes worn by the actress, including hats, sunglasses and jeans shorts.
"Grand Theft Auto" 5 is a highly successful action-adventure game with a highly detailed story. The players can roam the free world in the game and encounter many new characters who play a role in the storyline of the game. The player interacts with these characters and has to accomplish the stated objectives in the game.
Players meets Lacey Jonas without makeup in the first encounter in the game. The character is "very famous" personality in the game and being chased by the paparazzi. The character does not have her makeup on and does not want her picture to be taken.
The objective of this mission in "Grand Theft Auto" 5 is to drive Lacey Jonas away from the paparazzi while she asks questions like "How is my hair? Do I look cute?" The character also introduces herself as "The voice of a generation."
"Grand Theft Auto" 5 has recently unveiled new content to celebrate the July 4 Independence Day in the U.S. The producers of the game Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games have not yet released a statement regarding the lawsuit by Lohan.
Grand Theft Auto 5: Special July 4 Independence Day Content [Read]
Star Wars Episode 7: Kevin Smith Hints at the Sith After Visiting the Set [Read]
Once Upon a Time Season 4 Spoilers: Two New Characters Join the Cast [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS