Lindsay Lohan Sues Grand Theft Auto 5 Game Producers
By Sachin Trivedi | July 4, 2014 9:11 AM EST
Lindsay Lohan, the actress known for her roles in movies, "Mean Girls" and "Parent Trap," is reportedly suing the producers of the popular game "Grand Theft Auto" 5.
Actress Lindsay Lohan arrives for the presentation of the Moschino collection during its London Collections: Men show in London June 16, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
She reportedly said the character in the game is based on her and the producers did not get her permission. Lohan reportedly filed a civil suit with the Supreme Court in New York on her birthday. She was born on July 2, 1986. The suit was filed against Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games. Both the companies are involved in the making of "Grand Theft Auto" 5.
According to Lohan, the character Lacey Jonas has been created with her likeness without the requisite permission from the actress.
She added the character uses similar clothes worn by the actress, including hats, sunglasses and jeans shorts.
"Grand Theft Auto" 5 is a highly successful action-adventure game with a highly detailed story. The players can roam the free world in the game and encounter many new characters who play a role in the storyline of the game. The player interacts with these characters and has to accomplish the stated objectives in the game.
Players meets Lacey Jonas without makeup in the first encounter in the game. The character is "very famous" personality in the game and being chased by the paparazzi. The character does not have her makeup on and does not want her picture to be taken.
The objective of this mission in "Grand Theft Auto" 5 is to drive Lacey Jonas away from the paparazzi while she asks questions like "How is my hair? Do I look cute?" The character also introduces herself as "The voice of a generation."
"Grand Theft Auto" 5 has recently unveiled new content to celebrate the July 4 Independence Day in the U.S. The producers of the game Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games have not yet released a statement regarding the lawsuit by Lohan.
Grand Theft Auto 5: Special July 4 Independence Day Content [Read]
Star Wars Episode 7: Kevin Smith Hints at the Sith After Visiting the Set [Read]
Once Upon a Time Season 4 Spoilers: Two New Characters Join the Cast [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools