Lindsay Lohan Sues Grand Theft Auto 5 Game Producers
By Sachin Trivedi | July 4, 2014 9:11 AM EST
Lindsay Lohan, the actress known for her roles in movies, "Mean Girls" and "Parent Trap," is reportedly suing the producers of the popular game "Grand Theft Auto" 5.
Actress Lindsay Lohan arrives for the presentation of the Moschino collection during its London Collections: Men show in London June 16, 2014. REUTERS/Suzanne Plunkett
She reportedly said the character in the game is based on her and the producers did not get her permission. Lohan reportedly filed a civil suit with the Supreme Court in New York on her birthday. She was born on July 2, 1986. The suit was filed against Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games. Both the companies are involved in the making of "Grand Theft Auto" 5.
According to Lohan, the character Lacey Jonas has been created with her likeness without the requisite permission from the actress.
She added the character uses similar clothes worn by the actress, including hats, sunglasses and jeans shorts.
"Grand Theft Auto" 5 is a highly successful action-adventure game with a highly detailed story. The players can roam the free world in the game and encounter many new characters who play a role in the storyline of the game. The player interacts with these characters and has to accomplish the stated objectives in the game.
Players meets Lacey Jonas without makeup in the first encounter in the game. The character is "very famous" personality in the game and being chased by the paparazzi. The character does not have her makeup on and does not want her picture to be taken.
The objective of this mission in "Grand Theft Auto" 5 is to drive Lacey Jonas away from the paparazzi while she asks questions like "How is my hair? Do I look cute?" The character also introduces herself as "The voice of a generation."
"Grand Theft Auto" 5 has recently unveiled new content to celebrate the July 4 Independence Day in the U.S. The producers of the game Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games have not yet released a statement regarding the lawsuit by Lohan.
Grand Theft Auto 5: Special July 4 Independence Day Content [Read]
Star Wars Episode 7: Kevin Smith Hints at the Sith After Visiting the Set [Read]
Once Upon a Time Season 4 Spoilers: Two New Characters Join the Cast [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports