LG Optimus G, Optimus G Pro, G Pro Lite Android 4.4 KitKat Update
By Precious Silva | July 4, 2014 8:47 AM EST
For LG users wondering if they will eve receive the Android 4.4 KitKat update, LG Brazil has confirmed that it will be releasing the firmware to its Optimus G and Optimus G Pro offerings. More importantly, this hints at the company's roll out suggesting future releases in other regions and other carriers. Similar to how Android and other tech manufacturers carry out their updates, the release will be in stages. Some users may have already received the notifications while others are still waiting.
Models pose for photographs with LG Electronics' flagship G3 high-end smartphone at its unveiling ceremony in Seoul May 28, 2014. South Korea's LG Electronics Inc launched a revamped version of its flagship G3 high-end smartphone at a discount to its predecessor model on Wednesday and said it would ship more than 10 million units to improve its ailing handset business.
According to the Facebook page of LG Brazil and translated by NDTV: "Android 4.4 KitKat available for Optimus G Pro until the end of July and the Optimus G until the end of August." As with the announcement, people can expect the firmware upgrade for Optimus G by the end of August. This supports previous reports saying that the 2012 flagship phone will be receiving the Android KitKat treatment soon. The Optimus G Pro, on other hand, will be receiving the upgrade earlier this coming end of July.
More importantly, AndroidOS also reported that LG has begun releasing the Optimus G Android 4.4 KitKat update in India. The report indicated that the update can be downloaded in Indonesia already. According to the company, the Optimus G Pro Android 4.4 KtiKat update is available via Over-the-Air (OTA) requiring around 684MB space.
LG has not released any details about the schedule for roll out on the older Optimus update in India. LG Optimus along with Optimus G Pro shipped with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean at the moment. These devices are among the few under the company to skip other updates like the Android 4.2 and the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean upgrades.
LG also announced previously that Optimus L9 II and LG G Pro Lite units will also be skipping the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS update to the Android 4.4 KitKat update. The announcement came from the Facebook page of LG Italy last May. The Android 4.4 KitKat update should be arriving for the L9 II and Pro Lite devices in the coming weeks.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast