Oracle to Push in Cloud Market with Customer 2 Cloud
By Kalyan Kumar | July 4, 2014 8:44 AM EST
Software giant Oracle will leave no stone unturned to become the number one player in cloud market soon.
Oracle Corp. President Mark Hurd earns an annual cloud subscription revenue rate of nearly $2 billion, which is industry's second-largest. Hurd also announced the aim of Oracle to be number one very soon in the cloud segment.
Big Potential in Cloud
Oracle sees huge potential of $10 billion in annual cloud subscription revenue from large applications customer base. It has penetrated only 5 percent of the installed base in cloud products. The company clearly sees green field opportunities in the marketing, service and ERP space. It sees $74 billion of addressable market for cloud apps.
Oracle operates in the multibillion dollar software development market with revenues exceeding $37 billion and a market capitalization of $187 billion. It is in direct competition with other software firms like IBM, SAP and Microsoft.
SAP as Rival
In cloud, SAP AG is its main competitor. SAP earns nearly 40 percent more from the cloud market.
Oracle plans to convince customers to extend on-premise installations by adding cloud modules in areas like marketing, talent management, procurement and other areas. It will aggressively pursue full-blown migrations of core on-premises suites to the cloud.
Customer 2 Cloud
Recently, Oracle announced the "Customer 2 Cloud" program to boost growth in cloud business. Through the program, it seeks customer migration from on-premise applications like human capital management and customer relationship management into Oracle cloud applications.
The C2C program may yield gains by way of additional customers from on-premise offerings in a SaaS model boosting revenue in the long term. The program also offers tools to make businesses ready for cloud.
Fusion Version Coming
Oracle is set to release version 9 of its Fusion applications products.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists