Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Premiere News, Shonda Rhimes Updates Fans; Calzona, Japril, and Jolex Story Wishes [Watch Video Teaser]
By Arlene Paredes | July 4, 2014 2:28 AM EST
The "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 premiere date is expected around late September 2014. Filming and production updates are scarce, but these things normally get rolling from late July. Meanwhile, Grey's creator Shonda Rhimes updates fans about the Grey's Season 10 DVD. Here are some of the fans' wishes on Calzona, Japril, Jolex and Merder.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains spoilers on Grey's Anatomy Season 10. The DVD of the previous season will be released soon.
"Just confirmed that the DVD set for #GreysAnatomy Season 10 will be released on Sept 2!!" Shonda Rhimes announced on Twitter on Wednesday.
At the end of Grey's Anatomy Season 10, the drama's avid viewers bid farewell to Sandra Oh and her character Cristina Yang. A new doctor is introduced, and she could be Meredith Grey's (Ellen Pompeo) sister and Richard Webber's (James Pickens, Jr) daughter.
Grey Sloan Memorial's Cardiothoracic Department head, Dr. Margaret "Maggie" Pierce (Kelly McCreary), is likely to have rich story arcs in Grey's Anatomy Season 11. Perhaps interacting with her is Mer's sister-in-law Amelia Shepherd, as the actress playing the role, Caterina Scorsone, is now a series regular.
New characters come and go in the world of Grey's Anatomy. However, four couples have a solid following, and their main stories are likely to glue the new season: Calzona, Japril, Jolex and Merder. Here are some of the fans' wishes for these couples.
Calzona (Callie and Arizona). Both of them want to have another baby. Callie (Sara Ramirez) is unable to carry, and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) doubts she could go through all the hormonal episodes that go with it. Many fans hope that adoption would be in Grey's Anatomy Season 11 for this couple. The two docs recently met a surrogate among their patients, so that encounter could have planted an idea in them, somehow.
Japril (Jackson and April). Fans could hardly wait to see their baby in Grey's Anatomy Season 11. April (Sarah Drew) in pregnancy mood swings opens a lot of possibilities for her character. Some fans are wishing the couple would have a boy and they would name him after the late Mark Sloan (Eric Dane). After all, Sloan's echoing words pushed Jackson (Jesse Williams) to profess his love for April.
Jolex (Jo and Alex). Jo (Camilla Luddington) has clearly stated in Grey's Anatomy Season 10 that she is far from ready to get married. However, many Jolex fans are hoping she would feel grown enough next season to take her relationship to the next level. Alex (Justin Chambers) is likely to take a seat at the Board or give it to Chandra Wilson's Bailey. Either way, his character is growing up in beautiful ways and it is good that he is sharing his life with someone stable enough, like Jo Wilson.
WATCH: Grey's Anatomy Season 11, Scandal Season 4, How to Get Away with Murder Premiere on ABC [Teaser on YouTube]
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 premieres later this year, and it is expected to air Thursdays, as in previous years. Many fans of the Shonda Rhimes creation are also looking forward to seeing Rhimes' other dramas: "Scandal" Season 4 and "How to Get Away with Murder" premiere.
Related TV Stories, Episode Guides and Spoilers
NCIS Season 12 Filming Soon, Emily Wickersham Shares Insights on Cote de Pablo and Ziva David [READ]
Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Updates, Speculations: Calzona, Jolex, Japril, Merder, Richard and the New Doctor [SPOILERS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money