Nicki Minaj Explains BET Awards 2014 Speech about Songwriting on Twitter, Iggy Azalea Replies on Instagram [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | July 4, 2014 12:00 AM EST
The Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea drama during the Black Entertainment Television (BET) Awards 2014 about writing songs and allegedly using ghostwriters has a new development. Nicki Minaj attempts to clear the air as she explains her BET Awards 2014 speech about songwriting on Twitter. And, Iggy Azalea has replied on Instagram.
Nicki Minaj accepts the award for best female hip hop artist during the 2014 BET Awards in Los Angeles, California June 29, 2014.
The BET Awards 2014 was held on Sunday, June 29, 2014 at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California. Minaj won as the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist. When she went up on stage to accept it, she spoke the following words.
"What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it," said Minaj in her BET Awards 2014 speech about writing her own songs, which was published on Pitchfork.
Although Minaj didn't exactly mention Azalea's name, most people assumed she was referring to Iggy and the rumours about her using a ghostwriter for her songs including "Fancy."
Minaj explains her BET Awards 2014 speech about songwriting on Twitter. She blames media for the misunderstanding with Iggy. It's interesting to note that she's using social media address it.
"The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us!" tweeted Nicki.
"I've congratulated Iggy on the success of Fancy, publicly. She should be very proud of that. All the women nominated should b proud," added Nicki.
In response to these tweets and all the brouhaha that happened at the BET Awards 2014, Iggy Azalea took to Instagram to air her side about it.
"I have to say the general explosion of pettiness online in the last few days is hard to ignore & honestly...lame," posted Iggy on her Instagram account.
"If I had won the BET award that would've been great but it wasn't my year & I don't mind - so you shouldn't either. Generally speaking I'm unbothered by anything that 'happened' at the BET awards and just feel worn out by everyone trying to make me have wars with people all the time."
"Anyone who wishes me well is welcome in my life & those who don't can't get any more of my time. I hate to see everyone exhausting themselves on my behalf over things that I'm still not 100% sure even exist & don't matter. just let it go," added Iggy.
Now that Nicki Minaj has explained her BET Awards 2014 speech about songwriting on Twitter and Iggy Azalea already replied on Instagram, let's hope this issue dies a natural death so that the two artists can move on and focus instead on their respective careers.
Watch the video below:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar