Game of Thrones Museum of Contemporary Art Australia Exhibit Attracts Long Lines
By Janice Somosot | July 3, 2014 8:41 PM EST
It looks like the "Game of Thrones" (GOT) fever is still on, despite recently ending its Season 4 run on June 15, 2014. It has even reached the Land Down Under! But, it's not the GOT TV series that everyone is buzzing about in Australia. It's the "Game of Thrones" Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA) Australia Exhibit which has attracted long lines!
Britain's Queen Elizabeth looks at the Iron Throne as she meets members of the cast on the set of the television show Game of Thrones in the Titanic Quarter of Belfast, Northern Ireland, June 24, 2014.
According to The Sydney Morning Herald (SMH), the "Game of Thrones" MCA exhibit opened on Tuesday, July 1, 2014. A lot of people lined up to see the GOT exhibit, even if it will take up to six hours to get in! But, for the GOT fanatics, they don't seem to mind it that much just so they can take a peek at the said exhibit inspired by their favourite HBO TV series/novels by George R.R. Martin.
The "Game of Thrones" Museum of Contemporary Art Australia Exhibit is being run by Warner Brothers in cooperation with HBO and the good news is that people can get inside for free. A spokeswoman for the GOT exhibit at MCA has said that they are doing their best so that the people who lined up for it will be able to get in fast. However, it looks like they weren't prepared for the influx of patrons who want to check it out. Even though there are long lines at the MCA to get inside the said exhibit, it seems to attract even more people or at least, pique their interest, instead of dissuading them from continuing on to the museum.
But, by 5 p.m. on July 1, 2014, security for MCA already intervened and told the people still queuing in to just come back the following day.
The "Game of Thrones" Museum of Contemporary Art Australia Exhibit which has attracted long lines will run until Saturday, July 5, 2014. It opens from 10 a.m. up to 10 p.m. However, make sure that you go there before 8 p.m. and then just proceed to the MCA Foundation Hall where it is located. It includes the Oculus Rift experience and the Iron Throne exhibit. The Oculus Rift experience allows patrons to become a Night's Watch brother by wearing a pair of headphones and a virtual reality headset for 90 seconds. They will feel what it's like to ride the Wall's lift. GOT fans who have tried it say that it was worth the wait! Click HERE to see photos of the long lines at the GOT MCA exhibit from SMH.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Sydney Opera House Responds to John Malkovich’s ‘Fit For a Circus’ Critique
- Ancient Large Phalluses Gay Graffiti Become One of World’s Earliest Erotica
- Prince William Horrible New Portrait Revealed, Twitter Reactions
- CSIRO Reveals Involvement w/ Mystery Behind Picasso’s The Blue Room
- Game of Thrones Museum of Contemporary Art Australia Exhibit Attracts Long Lines
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points